The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Extreme Cuts with Keone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
Alrighty KC, here you go:

Right off the bat I have to say that I respect Keone as a person. He has been very friendly with the flourishers, and just had a baby. De'vo hooked up this young kid with a company to give him a shot at getting his own DVD.

This will in no way bias my oppinion of the DVD or his moves. As everyone knows, I say it like I see it, like it or not. I also want to make it known that I am a pro-flourisher and am very very particular when critiquing a video of this sort! I will see things completely different than the average magician and am very hard on cuts in general, especially those same re-hashed cuts that have been done time after time with different names.

I agree with much of what Jinx said earlier. The DVD is 10 times better than the trailer. I think the time crunch and the producers let him down. Now the review:

This is pretty much a rehash of all the cuts done and redone. Same stuff more or less. I was really hoping that this would be a flourish DVD but it turned into another - change a finger/packet position and call it a new cut DVD. I do have to say the bigtop could of rocked if he could of gotten a better one handed fan. Just like Jinx said, the move is still cool, just do a better fan than Keone did in the DVD. The DVD itself is much longer than I thought it would be, and Keone performed many of the moves much better in the DVD than in that flashing light trailer.lol As for crediting, I didn't see any, and for good reason. He didn't know who to credit! Several people created the same kind of moves many years before any of us were born, so why disrespect the original founders by crediting someone many years after their death. Mabe it's just me, but I think it's better to not credit than to credit the wrong person.

Keone does have skills as I've seen from many of his videos, but this DVD didn't showcase him or his moves like it could have. Leaving the cutting room floor to another company is sometimes dangerous as they may take not so good moves and do not have the eye that an artist has.

So in a nutshell (help, I'm in a nutshell), The production quality was pretty good, the moves were re-hashes(for the most part), the smoothness of the moves were sometimes good, and sometimes hard to look at.lol and the producers didn't showcase Keone like they could have. This could of been a great DVD if Keone would have put on more original flourishes, and let someone like the handlordz crew edit and produce his DVD. But until he gets original moves, it most likely will not happen.

I give it a 6/10 mostly because I hate to see another cut DVD, and to see a product I know could of been much better given the right circumstances. This isn't a horrible DVD, I just personally hate the same ol' cuts in general and know Keone could of had a better DVD.

If you are a cut person, you may love this DVD! In fact it has gotten great reviews by cutting fanatics. Mabe it's just me, but if one more cut DVD comes out I think I'll puke.

Wait, from what I hear another one is on it's way. HUUUUURRRRRLllllllllllll, cough, cough, puke, hurlllllll,

Phantom
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
Thanks for the thorough review.

K.C.
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
Quote:
On 2004-07-01 02:06, phantomace wrote:
Mabe it's just me, but if one more cut DVD comes out I think I'll puke.

If you don't like cut dvd's why are you here talking about it. I happen to love false cuts and crazy cuts. I cant wait for the next one to come out. The bucks new dvd is going to be killer. I also am producing one myself. What are you waiting for another old guy doing the same old junk, because I'm not. Im tired of all the same garbage people put out. Its about time the flourish industry blew up and these people get recognized for what they are contributing to the art. De'vo, Bucks, Keone, Tudor, all of them. Without them we wouldnt have the flourishis we have today. So what if the cuts he put on dvd didn't blow you away. It doesn't have to. As long as they fit your style then they work, if they don't, then don't do them. I personally think the Café is the worst place to daybu a new video, because you get these kids that never even seen the video, who cant do the moves in the first place trashing people's stuff just so they can post something. I mean, the dvd comes out, the next day there are 20 people saying how they don't like it when its not even ready to be sold yet. I to believe that the Café is a great place to get knoticed, don't get me wrong. Its like the bucks video. One post gets a whole battle started about who's better. Its no longer discusing the dvd anymore, its just basshing people left and right over opinions of who is the best. that's the reason every single bucks thread that gets started gets locked the next day or so. It goes off subject and turns into a bashing war. that's my 2 cents, I just wish people would think before they type. Especialy when they havent even seen the dvd yet. A 2 minute teaser doesn't count for what the dvd really is. I wish people would give it a few weeks and let a lot of people see the material before they bash something.
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I got mine yesterday and I happened to like it.
Fast Eddie P.
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
323 Posts

Profile of Fast Eddie P.
I just received a copy recently myself. I am not a flourisher but I would like to add some of these skills to my repertoire. I have only viewed the DVD once so far. It looks very appealing and most of the cuts look to be attainable to a someone looking to get into flourishing/cuts. I especially like the false cuts since I'm looking for the ability to do fancy false cuts. Nice job Keone!

Eddie
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Hey Phantom, are you planning on releasing any dvd's in the future??
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
I reserve my skills for the trials. Come and check them.

Phantom
Steve Oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Churchville,MD.
155 Posts

Profile of Steve Oxford
I grabbed a copy of this recently and have to say that the material shown is fine for me. I am not a fancy card flourisher, but I do respect those of you that do that. I am a guy who likes to sit back and relax and learn a few things for myself and some friends. In that light, I found this to be a very good buy.
If this young man does another dvd down the road, based on what I have seen here, I will buy that one as well.
S.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Extreme Cuts with Keone (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL