The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Magic Nook e-Books Updated (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Thanks to those e-Book readers on The Magic Café who have expressed concern when they found the Magic Nook Web site going in and out of existence for a few days. Along with updating our hundreds of e-Books, we decided to take advantage of the CV-19 slow-down to re-make the entire Web site on a new server and that is what caused it to disappear for a a day or so from the Internet. The e-Books are all there and available as usual, and you may notice some photos don't show up as we sweep away the dust and cobwebs. It's hard to believe this project which began in 2003 is 17 years old and that's why some of the references to sources for building materials and supplies for making our many magic projects need to be brought up-to-date.
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
What proofs can you show that you are really a magician? How about an old tax form listing yout profession as a magician? If you cannot provide this I am sorry but I cannot do business with you.There are too many scam dealers to buy from you with no proof.
Watchmaker
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Watchmaker
Not exactly sure why being a professional magician is a prerequisite for selling magic books. Would anyone go into a jewelry store to by a watch and demand from the person at the counter that they prove they can poise a balance wheel before you will do business with them? Seems odd.

Either someone runs an honest business or they don't. Just as a professional magician can run an honest business or be a crook.

R/
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Watch maker,I tried to buy an effect from the magic nook and was asked to prove I was a magician.I was asked to submit pictures of myself performing, hence my post.Performing for friends or collecting was not enough.
Watchmaker
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Watchmaker
Mr. Watson,

That does give it a little different perspective. If that's the standard he wants to set, his logic must be he only wants to sell to professionals. That's his prerogative and I won't fault him for that. What I would do is say that I only want to do business with successful businessmen and therefore require a copy of his tax returns to prove that he runs an above board, forthright business.

Using his logic, I'm sure he would be happy to comply.

Thanks for that additional information.

R/

Phil
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Wow. Never noticed that. Never purchased anything either maybe that’s why. Haha

Pretty tough dude with all the prove this and prove that nonsense.

Oh well to each his/her own.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Magic Nook e-Books Updated (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL