The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Air Ambitious by Tom Elderfield (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Find the trailer here: https://www.ellusionist.com/air-ambitiou......eld.html

Visual ambitious appearances on the deck usually have one of two problems.

The card is gimmicked and cannot be inspected or signed.
The deck is heavily gaffed and cannot be inspected or used for any other tricks.

Tom Elderfield's Air Ambitious solves both.

The card is fully signed, examinable and ungimmicked.
The gimmick hides in amongst a normal deck until you're ready to perform.

Using a rarely used principle in magic, the Air Ambitious gimmick literally does all the work for you, within mid air.

For those that have made card gimmicks at home before, this is easier than a flap card... and for those that haven't, Tom's expert tuition goes through the steps necessary to get a perfect gaff, every time.

As a magician you probably already have everything you need to seamlessly make the gimmick at home.

Here are the key points:

The gimmick can easily be added to your deck.
It does all the work for you.
It can be performed 360 degrees
It's sleight-of-hand free
It's incredibly visual
The signed card is 100% examinable.
It's incredibly easy... makes you look like Harry Potter.

I mean, what more can you ask for?

Once the gimmick has been added to your deck, it hides in plain sight and is ready to go as soon as you are.

Air Ambitious is the perfect ending to any ambitious card routine.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Impressive. Awaiting reviews....
michael640
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of michael640
The first effect shown in the trailer between 20-25 seconds cannot be done with a single signed card. There will be an extra extra step involved if you were to use a signed card.

Thought I should point this out as the signed card element is a strong part of the sales pitch here. Other then that, the handling will play out almost exactly as seen in the trailer
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Do you need anything special to make the gimmick or should people have what they need around the house?
CMR
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of CMR
It looks amazing. How long does it take to build the gimmick?
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
This is a great effect! I managed to make 2 of the gimmicks in about 15 minutes using stuff I already had around the house! It's a brilliant effect and so clever! What is great is, it is perfect for your instagram videos and socials but it is totally workable in the real world. Tried it on the fam and they loved it. It is very very clever and for £9, it is a steal!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Tyler Lunsford
View Profile
Regular user
USA
131 Posts

Profile of Tyler Lunsford
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2020, Joe Roberts wrote:
Do you need anything special to make the gimmick or should people have what they need around the house?

If you’re into gimmick making you’ll have this stuff lying around. If you’ve never made a gimmick before you might have to buy a few things. Should take you 15-20 minutes to build your first one. After that you could probably make them in about 7-10 minutes 😁

Hope this helps!
Tyler Lunsford
A Magic Cafe User
View Profile
New user
Princeton, NJ
63 Posts

Profile of A Magic Cafe User
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2020, GeraintClarke wrote:

As a magician you probably already have everything you need to seamlessly make the gimmick at home.

If I haven't made a gimmick before, will I still have the items needed around the house?
- Just my humble opinion

The more you know, the more you know - Brainpop
bosami
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of bosami
Seems like users above are making several gimmicks. Can the gimmick only be used once?
...forever curious
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2020, bosami wrote:
Seems like users above are making several gimmicks. Can the gimmick only be used once?

Now that's a darn good question!
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Ok, so the appearance looks good. What does it look like when you lose the card in the deck?
AndrewI
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2020, Michael640 wrote:
The first effect shown in the trailer between 20-25 seconds cannot be done with a single signed card. There will be an extra extra step involved if you were to use a signed card.

Thought I should point this out as the signed card element is a strong part of the sales pitch here. Other then that, the handling will play out almost exactly as seen in the trailer

Are you just talking about the obvious Marlo t**t done in the video, or is there something else that needs to be done if the card is signed?
michael640
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of michael640
Something else
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
You only need to make one gimmick, you don't need a new one each time. Even if you havent made gimmicks before, you might have what you need around the house, if not, you can pick up the materials easily online and only few a few $£. There are several ways you could achieve the hailing's and as soon as you have the gimmick I hand, you'll be able to work out your own way of doing things!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
Something else

What do you really think is happening here? :S

This is the air ambitious gimmick and a dope marlo tilt. Nothing more, nothing less.
AndrewI
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2020, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
Something else

What do you really think is happening here? :S

This is the air ambitious gimmick and a dope marlo tilt. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks Geraint, that makes better sense then!
Sold.
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
Reminds me of the Hawk by Alexander Kolle, is this different?
AndrewI
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Very happy with this. It’s not something I’ve seen before (haven’t come across the hawk sorry so can’t compare) although obviously closely related to common gimmicks. Excellent pacing and teaching on the tutorial for the build, and quite simple to make. Not every use shown on the demo is taught in the tutorial. But to be fair, if you’re experienced enough to be confident building gimmicks and have all the stuff to hand, it’s likely you know enough to put those routines together or come up with your own.
Best of all it works just as shown at my first attempt and is really fun to play with.
Would say it is probably better for live performance than video, as you want to avoid them replaying it in slow motion for obvious reasons. Passes the quaranteam test with flying colours though!
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Thanks for that review, AndrewI, and JamieD for the info. Ordering it now.
tomelderfield
View Profile
New user
London, England
8 Posts

Profile of tomelderfield
Thank you for all the really kind words!
Check out this review by 'The Magic Minute'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHFG58hjmUA&t=48s
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Air Ambitious by Tom Elderfield (10 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL