The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Coin Vanishes with Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Good vanish Ronnie.
Really good.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
j
View Profile
New user
Belton, Missouri
33 Posts

Profile of j
That's a very nice vanish, Mars. I was wondering if anyone has thought of using billiard ball moves? It seems that those types of moves would add to the types of vanishes or even appearances from say under a previously loaded cup? Let me know what you think.
Smile
Man, I hope he chooses a card soon!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I just got several sets of the mini baseballs from Jedinat in today's mail. These are very nicely made. They have a superball or something similar for a center. The cost is €32 for a set of four.

If you order a set, the package will probably be opened by the USDA for inspection, because they are leather goods. Once this happens, you are assured of paying duty on the pieces. A lot of stuff comes in from Europe without any charges, so you take your chances.

The duty paid is not up to the shipper, but up to the customs inspectors, so I can't hold this against them.

I also recommend Frank's felt balls. They work very nicely.

Re: mouse balls -- I found a surplus electronic shop that was selling computer mice for $2.00 each. These were new surplus stock. That was a while back, but I'm sure you can find something like that near you somewhere.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I wonder.... I'm going to try to felt some mouseballs and see what they're like. I like the weight of a mouse ball.. I think.

I use my felt balls in my cups and balls routine and I like them too. I got bored with the crocheted variety.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
In response to the billiards question, yes these have been explored. If you look in the Ramsay routine you will find some interesting applications.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
maniac
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, Ga
65 Posts

Profile of maniac
Quote:
On 2004-06-08 17:05, Frank Starsini wrote:
I wonder.... I'm going to try to felt some mouseballs and see what they're like. I like the weight of a mouse ball.. I think.

Please let us know how this works.....
j
View Profile
New user
Belton, Missouri
33 Posts

Profile of j
Thanks Jonathan for the infomation. Can someone tell me where I can find some monkey fist balls or how to make some (preffered). Thanks in advance.
Man, I hope he chooses a card soon!
maniac
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, Ga
65 Posts

Profile of maniac
OK...I admit that they are noisy. For a test, I just tightly rapped a mouse ball with paper towel and stuck the end down. This made the ball MUCH quieter, not much noiser than the crocheted balls. I do not recomend paper towel (this was just a test)

With the new Optical mouse on the market, mouse balls may become very hard to get.... If you think you may want to use them, maybe it is a good idea to stock up on 4 or 8 of them now.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Coin Vanishes with Balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL