The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Something wicked this way comes (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Thanks to everyone who supported my book. I only have two left, and there will be no more from me (maybe some dealers still have some) until the second printing is ready. Drop me an email if you are interested in the last two, and if you got the book, feel free to post your honest thoughts about it here. Thanks again!
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Geoff Pfeiffer
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Geoff Pfeiffer
Michael, sent you an email with my order. I can not wait to start reading this book. Thanks for your dedication to coin magic!
w i l s o
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of w i l s o
I got my book. It excites me. I've only got as far as the ROPS move but am determined to make peace with that before I move. I do feel the explanation is excellent.
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Anyone received their copy in the UK/Europe yet?
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

They have arrived in the UK, Japan, Bulgaria, and Italy. Still waiting to hear from someone in Germany, Spain or France (and some smaller countries). I only have one left, btw, if interested, let me know and I can ship Monday.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
CoinBoy101
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of CoinBoy101
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2020, PapaG wrote:
Anyone received their copy in the UK/Europe yet?

Yes, I received mine in the UK direct from Michael three days ago.
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Not me in the UK unfortunately.
CoinBoy101
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of CoinBoy101
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2020, PapaG wrote:
Not me in the UK unfortunately.

Sorry to hear that, PapaG. There are big delays with postal services coming into the UK, particularly with Parcelforce. If your package was dispatched using USPS like mine, it might take a long time. USPS got my book to the UK within 3 days. It took a further 12 days to reach me via Parcelforce!

On reaching the UK, my package took 11 days to go from Heathrow to Coventry where the package officially entered the UK to be cleared by Customs. It was then delivered within a day. I was beginning to think my package had gone missing but it did turn up eventually. Parcelforce told me there were longer than usual delays with incoming packages.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

PapaG, email me with your name and address and I will return a pic of the customs for and tracking number. Remember that shipping is all slowed from Covid postal delays. Even in the States, some areas are rerouted because of the pandemic.
CoinBoy101
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of CoinBoy101
PapaG, one thing to note. USPS tracking will give you more information than Parcelforce tracking. USPS tells you when your parcel arrives in the UK at Heathrow. Parcelforce does not recognise the package has arrived in the UK until it is handed over to them in Coventry Customs. Therefore, Parcelforce will show your package has not arrived in the UK for possibly two weeks. This can be misleading but trust it to get through the system. I have received other USPS packages in recent weeks and the delays have been getting longer
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
And... received with thanks.

It's — like I assumed it would be — an instant classic.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Thank you! Glad it arrived. Feel free to post a review of the book here.
Nev Blenk
View Profile
Regular user
Northumberland UK
127 Posts

Profile of Nev Blenk
My local magic store just reopened for the first time and the book was there waiting for me. First impression - beautifully layed out and photographed. Now do I finish those jobs around the house I promised... or do I sit and read this all day ??

Congratulations Doc on your book.

Cheers
Nev
Coin & Box - book available directly from me.
https://youtu.be/kAxQ6GRU-RI
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1108 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Received the Book today...

What can I say : apart from being beautiful, heavy, classy and of the highest quality, the content will make any coin enthousiaste more than happy !
Incredible magic, instant classic.

Not to mention that I'm featured in the book... thanks so much Michael !

Highly recommended !
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have started a thread in the review section for reviews rather than general discussion if anyone would like to add theirs as they work thru this massive tome on coin magic. https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=110
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Thank you! And from the review site on Penguin Magic:
"I haven't finished the book in its entirety yet but I can boldly say that this is theeeee Book for any magician who fits in any of these categories. The All-around magician (performs all magic gen), the beginner, and even advanced coin magicians, and the close-up magicians. 

The way each sleight and routines are explained is very well done. Offering not only the main methodology, but also variations, and other important information to really ground in the information. 

Each chapter offers a very insightful quote from the author that is well to take into consideration. 

I love Bobo's a good start with a lot of really good info, but this book is most definitely for those who really want to take their coin and closeup work to the next level. 

Why do I keep bringing up closeup work? If you haven't figured it out yet, a lot of coin sleights can be modded to be used with almost any small object. If you buy any book this year, make sure it is this one. 

Also, It must be noted. The material in this book is not for self workers and casual hobbyists. This book requires time and dedication to the material. It will take more time to get some of the sleights down if you are not decently well versed in coin sleights". - Gambit
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Found this on Instagram. The best way to start the day is some coin magic with coffee!!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBwHIIcnOBw/......1lhyeheo

Better than a danish!! Taking pre-orders now, email me for details at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Hi everyone, and thanks for all of the nice emails I received about Rubinstein Coin Magic. I thought I would share some of the messages:
Tom Gagnon - Wow. I received your new book today. What a beautiful book. You've done a remarkable job putting it together. Absolutely gorgeous. It's going to go down as one of the most important  books ever published on the subject of coin magic. You must be very proud of it--as you should be. It certainly assures your legacy as one of the top coin magicians and puts you up there with David Roth. Congratulations my friend. And thank you for the wonderful copy of the book. And man is it huge.
Etienne Lorenceau - Thank you for your magnificent book that I had to collect at the post office yesterday. I spent 5 hours going through it and had a great time spotting things (with the page #) that I noted in my computer as "to be studied"The title of your book could have been Bobo +++ (the first + being chronologically Richard Kaufman's Coin Magic, the second David Roth Expert Coin magic, but then you found how to push Coin Magic knowledge further without just writing an expert's "me too").On top of the quality of the content, the book as an object is of the highest quality, the lay out is very pleasant and your personal remarks separating the chapters are both elegant and interesting.So, apart from the routine of an unknown guy, named Etienne Lorenceau , you have reached a perfect work which will go down in the history of magic.
Bill Wells - My copy of THE BOOK arrived today!  It is absolutely beautiful.  I thought the final digital was really special and thought it gave me some idea of what the real thing would look like – was I ever wrong.  Your layout person and the printer did a fabulous job.  This is a stunning book and you should be very, very proud of what you have achieved.  My heartfelt congratulations to you.  You have achieved a masterpiece.
Curtis Kam -  I am now struggling to hold your book in my hands, if only to keep it from crushing my lap. It’s lovely, and well worth the wait.
Moritz Mueller (Instagram) - I am incredibly excited about this book. Michael Rubinstein is one of the most influential coin magicians on the planet and I am sure that this will become an instant classic. In the "Friends Section", you will find a small contribution by myself. I feel honored to be a part of this project and to call Michael a friend.
Wayman (Instagram) - New Book Day. What a huge book this is, very clear detailed photos and very instructive content. I cannot wait to spend quality time reading more of this book to give it the attention it deserves. Very well written with some absolutely awesome effects.

Good news - Don't worry if you missed out on the first edition, the book will be back on the shelves soon as it is shipping out on July 17th
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Something wicked this way comes (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL