The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Raising One Eyebrow? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Sirakor
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Sirakor
Just keep watching good old mr spock and u'll be a pro in no time ;-)
Mack Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
The Burgh' Pittsburgh, PA
268 Posts

Profile of Mack Magic
I still can't learn to whistle. It took me awhile to learn how to blow bubbles with chewing gum so maybe in time I'll learn.

I eventually was able to slightly do the eyebrow raise, sometimes better than others.

What I always find myself doing though is the *snappy snap* of the fingers like the Three Stooges do(Stooge fans will know what I mean) and it ends with hitting each finger on the cheek hoping to protrude the same sound effect as in the shorts(although I'm sure some can!).

Just a warning though, if you ever learn to do any of these things, you'll find yourself doing it all the time without it having to be intentional.

Just my 2 cents..
Mack Magic
* "May your life be like toliet paper..long and useful."
* "If the shoe fits, get another one just like it."
* "Use the talents you have, for the woods would be a very silent place if only the best birds sang!"
Mack Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
The Burgh' Pittsburgh, PA
268 Posts

Profile of Mack Magic
I still can't learn to whistle. It took me awhile to learn how to blow bubbles with chewing gum so maybe in time I'll learn.

I eventually was able to slightly do the eyebrow raise, sometimes better than others.

What I always find myself doing though is the *snappy snap* of the fingers like the Three Stooges do(Stooge fans will know what I mean) and it ends with hitting each finger on the cheek hoping to protrude the same sound effect as in the shorts(although I'm sure some can!).

Just a warning though, if you ever learn to do any of these things, you'll find yourself doing it all the time without it having to be intentional.

Just my 2 cents..
Mack Magic
* "May your life be like toliet paper..long and useful."
* "If the shoe fits, get another one just like it."
* "Use the talents you have, for the woods would be a very silent place if only the best birds sang!"
JJDrew
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
221 Posts

Profile of JJDrew
I learned several weird movements with this technique, the eyebrow raise included.

Raise both your eyebrows and use your fingers to squish one of them back into place while still attempting to raise them both. This will force the muscles to be up on one side and down on the other. Focus on how this feels and attempt to recreate it without touching your face. Looks really weird and takes some practice, but it's pretty effective.

This also works for winking (close both eyes, cover one so it can't re-open and open your eyes). The strangest thing I learned this way was how to turn my tongue upside-down. You grasp your tongue firmly and rotate it 1/2 turn so that the taste buds are pointing down. Then try to hold it in that position when you let go of it.

I had too much time on my hands as a child.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Raising One Eyebrow? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL