The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Top Palm into left hand (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

okiya
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of okiya
Does anybody know of any top palms that go into the hand that you're holding the deck in (left hand in my case), as you hand the deck to a spectator or something of the sort.
rawdawg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
686 Posts

Profile of rawdawg
My first guess is the Loewy palm but there might be one for you in "If an octopus could palm" by the Dan & Dave.
One time, when I was young, I botched a sleight so bad, Vernon, Marlo & Miller rolled over in their graves. But I didn't see Elmsley, probably because he was behind the others.
littlethumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, Texas
187 Posts

Profile of littlethumbtip
Glenn Morphew has some excellent work on this subject! Check his download from Vanishing Inc.
okiya
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of okiya
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2020, littlethumbtip wrote:
Glenn Morphew has some excellent work on this subject! Check his download from Vanishing Inc.

Could you link this, I tried googling it but it came up "No Products by Glenn Morphew" https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magician/Glenn-Morphew/

Thanks!
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Once I learned Glenn Morphew's top palm I never looked back at any other.
Just google his name and buy it from his website.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Yehuda
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Yehuda
Glenn Morphew has a more finessed technique for the standard one-hand top palm of a card, meaning into the right hand. I believe that is the technique he teaches on his download. It doesn't sound like that's what you are looking for.

Rawdawg is correct that the Loewy Palm, taught in a number of places, sounds like what you're looking for. You may also mess with the the Diagonal Palm Shift which Erdnase mentions can be used as a Top Palm and even gives a couple tips; however, I have yet to see someone use it for that and it doesn't seem to be so simple to do.

Yehuda
Count Hatrick
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Count Hatrick
Harry Lorayne has one he credits to Russell T Barnhart in Reputation Makers. It's in the effect Circle of Light p140. Called the switch palm, and card is palmed as you turn the hand holding the deck.
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
1000 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
The position the Loewy palm leaves you in would be an awkward way to hand the deck to someone.
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Lake Worth FL
1022 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
Pass Palm- Jim Swain. Miracles with Cards
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
You beat me to it, Ed.
And if anyone here reads it and doubts its effectiveness, just ask Ed for a demo.
He has it mastered.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Pardon me. But since you want to hand the cards to spectators, I find a good two handed bottom palm (invisible and quick), which can be held out in the palm hand, is best for me. You Ideally may not want to hand the deck out with the hand you just palmed with (a top palm).

check out Ed Marlo's work on Action Palms. I find that one handed palms often work too differently with decks in different states of usage. So I prefer an easy to set up and invisible two handed bottom palm. Done when you transfer the deck from one hand to the other or when you lightly spread the cards. But do what works best for you. I use this in shows and walk around, so it has been invisible under the crucible of paid performances.
Denis Behr
View Profile
Special user
Germany
703 Posts

Profile of Denis Behr
Here are a few reference for palming techniques of the top card(s) into the left hand: https://www.conjuringarchive.com/list/category/1665
KevinWisch
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of KevinWisch
Bill Wisch has used the "standard" One Hand Top Palm. I believe it was in Expert Card Technique by Hugard and Braue. He uses it in his Chromatic Progression routine. See video below- the sleight is accomplished at 1:35. Hope you enjoy and please be sure to subscribe to his Youtube channel for more great content!

Yehuda
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Yehuda
Oh yeah. “Nautilus” from If An Octopus Could Palm is a very interesting Top Palm to left hand. Not easy.

Yehuda
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Lake Worth FL
1022 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
Can’t believe it’s been nine years since I made this. Swain pass palm.

https://vimeo.com/24394282
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Ed,

You're at least a minor deity.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Top Palm into left hand (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL