The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sticky tnr by Mario Tarasini (worse trick I have seen) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Troyze
View Profile
New user
Johannesburg
97 Posts

Profile of Troyze
I honestly think dealers should really filter the stuff these new "creators" throw at them. it's like garbage. I get it's just a download but it is still garbage.

if you don't trust me...watch the trailer.

It was on Murphy's but I can't find the link anymore.

here is one from the dealer.

https://www.theonlinemagicstore.com/product/sticky-tnr/
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
The problem isn't so much the tricks themselves, it's that people are giving mediocre magic a platform with little to no oversight for the sake of cash grabs.
Official Thread Killer
Troyze
View Profile
New user
Johannesburg
97 Posts

Profile of Troyze
I think having a platform for creators to sell stuff isn't an issue.

the filter could be a bit better.

It's better for the platform to say the item doesn't meet the standard than the creators learn the lesson that their sh*t doesn't sell cuz they make no money
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Almost all the effects on the Online Magic Store are purely about the 'visual'. Doesn't matter if it's impractical in performance or it's a magic effect that doesn't make sense. If you can get a clean take for your Instagram or promo reel, cool. I'm sure they do very well with this stuff; it's not for me.

Personally, if I had the magical power to tear and restore paper, I would tear the signed card, not a sticker on the back of the card.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Is it really bad that Murphy's took it down?
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2020, Magic KL wrote:
Is it really bad that Murphy's took it down?

No, it's still up

https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=67631
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I don't think this one is terrible. I think it could really play well in the right situation. It probably needs some work. But, imagine this. Let's say a participant selects any card, let's say the 3C. That card is folded into fourths and torn into 4 pieces. The participant comes up with something to draw on one of the pieces to make it unique, lets say a sad face. The performer draws it on one of the pieces and shows the audience. The pieces are restored, one by one and the card is shown with the drawing on it. The cards are then further massaged to remove the "little" wrinkles, and the card is handed out, fully restored, with the drawing on it. I know this is not what he teaches in this, but this is an idea that could take the "sticky" principle to another level.

KJ
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
IMHO it is over as a magical effect when you have to do it out of sight by lifting up the cards. But if they include the "whoosh" sound it seems to make when the magic happens I might change my mind...
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sticky tnr by Mario Tarasini (worse trick I have seen) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL