The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Help with Damaged Milk Wonder Perfect Glass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
I purchased a Milk Wonder Perfect Glass (Herbert von der Linden) on another site. It was supposed to be in new condition.

Unfortunately, the glass leaked at the seal in the bottom middle of the glass. Seller told me, “it was perfect when I sent it.”

Anyway, I want to repair this. The instructions that came with it are in German. It seems that all that I need to do is drill out the plug, refill the liquid, and resell with silicon. I just don’t know how tall to fill the replaced liquid.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Lou
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I am sorry you got taken. These German sealed milk glasses do not last a long time. The milk evaporates just from setting on a shelf. While I worked for the local magic shop, they did not have a long shelf life, meaning after a year, you can see the level has went down. They did work perfectly.

Does the instructions tell you what to fill it with, and what kind of silicon silent? You have to be very careful drilling out plastic. If you use the wrong size bit, it will catch and tear up the plastic and split it to pieces. Best to use a set of drill bits, so that you increase the size with each bit. Take longer, but you don't split the glass.

You fill it to just below the inner lining. be careful, that solution is toxic, wear gloves and work on it outside.

I suggest you get Milk Tex from Penguin Magic, I have some mixed for over 10 years with only water and the jar is still full and has never separated.

Good Luck.
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
Hi Bill,

Thank you so much for your comprehensive and helpful answers. I’ll let you know how it goes after I complete it.

Warm regards,
Lou
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Help with Damaged Milk Wonder Perfect Glass (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL