The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rip off Proper clips? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Watson
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
68 Posts

Profile of Watson
I see where AliExpress, Fantastic Magic Factory is selling a "wholesale pack of 5 pcs J Porper" "Metal Poker Holder Deck Protector" for US $18:53. The picture looks like Porper, have his signature along the spine. What do you think? The real deal or is rip-off time? Are not these selling for $30?
The Celtic Conjurer - Insperata Floruit!
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Hmm, let me guess....

FAKE!
psychod
View Profile
Loyal user
I may not be a millionaire but at least I have
247 Posts

Profile of psychod
I think that anytime you see a site that has prices that are significantly lower than elsewhere, red flags should go off immediately. Unfortunately, people buy from these types of sites and then when the apparatus does not perform as expected, the actual creator gets blamed! Relatively speaking, there are not a large number of magicians out there buying apparatus (compared to some others types of things). It's important that we financially support the actual creators and honest dealers or you will see fewer and fewer of them!

Dave
Just adding my 3 cents worth because anybody can add their 2 cents worth...
trickyat86
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
596 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
I don't think I've ever seen a legit magic product on AliExpress.
Watson
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
68 Posts

Profile of Watson
Thanks for the replies. Figured as much, but glad there is agreement.
The Celtic Conjurer - Insperata Floruit!
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Dad taught me something when I was young that he was taught at my age. "If it's too good to believe, it's not an original." It's really a no brainer.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Special user
790 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
It would appear that the Chinese sites including AliExpress have mostly 3 types of magic items.

1) Pirated videos, books and DVDs
2) Knockoffs of marketed effects
3) Legitimate copies of marketed effects. But the prices are so low that what is likely happening is that these effects are manufactured in China. They make extra copies and sell them cheap. None of the money goes to the creator.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rip off Proper clips? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL