The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Help requested on a couple of effects. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Seanamon
View Profile
New user
Victoria, Texas
70 Posts

Profile of Seanamon
Some years ago, I was more active in magic, I got into Bizarre magic and really started to enjoy it, then a series of life changes came about, health scares, and many years later, I have a box of effects that, Ive recently reopened. I had a lot of Outlaw Effects, Sanctum, Luna, Kikou, PsiCard, Wonder Tour. I was happy to find things were generally in good order.

However there were two effects that, I bought back then and I cannot find anything on them, booklet or instruction wise. I know I paid a fair amount back then for them, but I cannot find anything with regards to any instructions.

The first Ive identified off a long Google search, terms nightshade, bizarre magic, alchemy.

Its called Alchemists Bane. I remember doing the effect a few times, but with the years, Ive no idea what the key was to the effect or even the routines. I cant find the booklet or whatever it was.

The second was by Outlaw Effects, and is called The Relic. I know by doing research what it did, but cannot find my PK anymore. I don't recall any routines or presentations any more. There used to be a website where youd put a key word as shown in the instructions. doesn't look like its around any more.

Its not the end of the world, if no one knows anything about this, but thought I’d take a shot. If you need to vet me, I’ll do my best, so you know you’re dealing with an original purchaser, as I respect the value of secrets. If not, that's fine, that's what happens when life takes you away for years.

Anyways, thanks if you can help Me. If not and you know these effects and handling, and youd like to save these from going to the moths, and never used again, shoot me an offer. Better they get used (no instructions tho obviously) than sit here useless.

Best,

Sean
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Oh yes, we know these effects. A Café search will produce many results. You will also find Gemini Artifacts now makes the relic and several of the others you mentioned. Vic is a kind, generous, and helpful person.

Bane's instructions was a PDF. It may still be available on your computer/ email.

And I'm sure you will have no trouble selling if you want to.

S
Seanamon
View Profile
New user
Victoria, Texas
70 Posts

Profile of Seanamon
Thank you so much. I’ll search the forums on here, for any clues/handling/routines on the Relic!

Its good to see you guys are still as supportive as I remembered!

Hopefully I can find the PDF of Banes in My inbox. If not, I’ll let you guys know.

Thank you!

Best,

Sean
Seanamon
View Profile
New user
Victoria, Texas
70 Posts

Profile of Seanamon
A big thank you to Those who have reached out.

Unfortunately Ive not been as successful with the Handling and Routines for the Relic as I cannot find the original instructions and routine for the effect. I enjoyed the searches and ideas and others backstories. I am just looking for the original instructions that I got years ago with this. Did it ever get released as PDF? All My Sanctums were printed pages, booklets.

Is there a PDF? I don’t know if theres a difference between Relic 2 and mine, but for what its worth, mine is the first iteration!

Best,

Sean
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I think the difference is thickness of the medallion.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Seanamon
View Profile
New user
Victoria, Texas
70 Posts

Profile of Seanamon
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2020, weepinwil wrote:
I think the difference is thickness of the medallion.

Thank you for that, weepinwill. So the Relic handling and functions would be the same, regardless?

Do you know, if Relic Instructions guide/handling were ever made as a PDF?

Thank you, sincerely to the wonderful person who reached out and assisted me with my Alchemists Bane question!

Best,

Sean
scottishpiper51
View Profile
Regular user
of Gris-Gris
138 Posts

Profile of scottishpiper51
When I purchased Relic from Outlaw many moons ago, the instructions were provided in printed form.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I've owned both sizes of the relic.. I do not remember a PDF ... Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Seanamon
View Profile
New user
Victoria, Texas
70 Posts

Profile of Seanamon
Yeah, nor do I. I don't recall any effects that I bought that had them in a PDF. All My Outlaw effects were written. But these days, with the ability to scan right from your phone, to make PDF, I don’t suppose it would be too hard to have done so. Its been so many years since I bought this, didn't know if things had changed or not, as far as instructions, formats etc. I wish I could find the directions. Its a shame to let this thing go to waste.

I’ll keep looking. Thanks all!

Best,

Sean
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
769 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
I never got any instructions or pdf from Outlaw when I purchased my Relic.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
There was an online forum for the Outlaw one which is now sadly lost in the ether. Definitely worth an e-mail to Vic with some proof of ownership as he now makes them and is an absolute gentleman. The new versions do come with a .pdf
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
A B is a thing of beauty, and was also sold by Vic at Gemini.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Help requested on a couple of effects. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL