The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Snake Basket in need of new "car aerial" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stuartmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby England (UK)
240 Posts

Profile of stuartmagic
I have recently come into the ownership of a snake basket, but unsure who's make it is. However, although the snake and the basket itself are in fairly reasonable condition all of the workings have most definitely had it and are in a state of great dis-repair.

It seems a shame to give up on it so I am after trying to make it into some sort of magic prop again and what I am after is to find out what actual motor ( which appears to be a car aerial ) is actually used for these. I am after a "short" aerial type, if indeed they exist and some way to switch it on and off so that the snake will rise and lower in the basket itself. I will be able to somehow work out a way for it to find a card, etc. its just the mechanics of the thing that I am stumped with. Obviously I would also need some sort of battery inside too.

Or ....... maybe there is a simpler way to make it rise and lower again in the basket.

Click here to view attached image.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Awhile back I saw a Tom Burgoon clip where he produced a small silk, then it began to magically fly. It was a motorized tape measure. I'd never heard of one before, but thought it hilarious so kept an eye out. Found one on eBay for $10. Here's a newer one:

https://www.amazon.com/Decker-ATM100-25-......002TG1GG

Might be able to take it apart and remote the switch...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
There is a guy selling them on eBay. The Collector's Workshop method was this style.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
stuartmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby England (UK)
240 Posts

Profile of stuartmagic
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2020, hugmagic wrote:
There is a guy selling them on eBay. The Collector's Workshop method was this style.

Yes, that's me LOL Smile

Unfortunately, after a few hours of trying to "source" the correct requirements for it and inspecting it I feel that its just going to be too big a job to repair so it is being sold along with some other items I have that are from other "projects" started but never finished. Also, sadly, due to current circumstances certain things have to go.

Stuart.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Snake Basket in need of new "car aerial" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL