The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bully For You (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
You may enjoy my interview with Dr Elizabeth Englander, author of 25 Myths About Bullying and Cyberbullying.

I can't say I always agreed...but see what you think.

https://jackshalom.net/2020/09/01/bully-for-you/
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
In my experience bullying is more of a gang a thing as opposed to one person bullying another. In our school we had a boxing ring and bullies would have the stuffing knocked out then in there; an eye for an eye. I didn’t hear anything about punishment in the interview. Bullying amounts to criminal offences in most cases and teachers ought to report such cases to the police. What sort of lesson is telling criminals to stop being mean to people?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I agree; I thought she totally missed the boat with bullies who were physically abusive. She seemed to think it didn't exist anymore. She was very wrong about that. Retribution usually happens off-campus, "uptown." She was really only dealing with a subset of the problem.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bully For You (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL