The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Subliminal Apparel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Is there a technique where your clothing, jewelry, etc., can give a subliminal prompt to the spectator?

Like if I wanted them to get a strong impression of Eight of Spades or any card, could I influence this choice by suggesting the card/name/number in my manner of dress?
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
698 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
There's been some writing on this; surprisingly, not by magicians or hypnotists, but journalists, who try to discern what is symbolized by the dress, appearance, and demeanor of those in the public eye.

For instance, when President Clinton left the White House, he did a cover for Esquire magazine where they shot him from below (I believe using a slight wide angle), legs apart, sitting. A reporter for the New York Times was quick to highlight the Lewinsky debacle AND made it clear that Clinton's sitting position and the fact that his bold tie so clearly pointed toward his crotch was eerily suggestive (and it seriously was).

So, the idea is entirely plausible. However, this is best continued in the Inner Thoughts section of the Café.
BonzoTheClown
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of BonzoTheClown
I once used an opening which was themed on this idea. It was, of course, presented as more of a bit of light humour and had nothing to do with the participants' selected thought. So whilst it is unlikely you can really influence to the extent you want to, you can claim your subliminal prompts created the thought.

Marc Climens
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Subliminal Apparel (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL