The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fright: The Impromptu Haunted Deck by Jeki Yoo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gavin.Wong
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Gavin.Wong
Didn't see any threads for Fright: The Impromptu Haunted Deck by Jeki Yoo. Apologies if there is one already.

Fright: The Impromptu Haunted Deck by Jeki Yoo: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/14134

"Jeki Yoo is one the most versatile magicians I have ever met! His techniques are so polished and clean" - Shin Lim

"What magic do you show when laypeople ask a quick card trick to you? "Fright" is my answer. You should learn it A.S.A.P." - Fujii Akira

"Jeki has frightened me with how clever Fright is. Cards animate with no gimmick. The effect ends clean with nothing to trace back. This is one of my favorite go to card effects now!" - Will Tsai

South Korea’s Jeki Yoo has blended innovative sleight of hand with classic plots to amaze audiences around the world. Now he’s created a wonderful walk around mystery that is totally impromptu. This Haunted Deck routine is super visual and gets great reactions. This is Fright by
Jeki Yoo.

Here’s what happens:
A deck of cards can be shuffled by the audience. A card is selected, and lost back in the deck. The deck is then balanced on the back of the card box and held with one hand by the magician. Slowly, and eerily, the back cuts itself with the bottom half of the deck pushing itself out from underneath the top packet. The card that pushes itself out the furthest is in fact the selected
card.

This take on Haunted Deck is astonishing because not only is everything examinable, it appears like your fingers never move. You’re in total control of when the deck cuts itself. This is the kind of Haunted Deck you are going to want to do. Make your deck Fright with this awesome effect from Jeki Yoo.

“Jeki Yoo is one the most versatile magicians I have ever met! His techniques are so polished and clean”
Shin Lim

"What magic do you show when laypeople ask a quick card trick to you? "Fright" is my answer. You should learn it A.S.A.P."
- Fujii Akira

Jeki has frightened me with how clever Fright is. Cards animate with no gimmick. The effect ends clean with nothing to trace back. This is one of my favorite go to card effects now!
-Will Tsai
Gavin.Wong
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Gavin.Wong
If anybody wants to learn more, here's my review of Fright:

NicholasD25
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
It’s hard to believe that there’s no discussion about this. I’ve been having a great time just watching myself do this. Looks even better in person and very easy to do.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Great effect, devised a simpler handling , well for me anyway. Funny thing is that for the last few months, I realized prior to getting this that I could fairly easily get a card into a “specific”position using only 1 hand. I always see and saw it done using both hands. So for this effect, it works perfectly.

Regardless of handling, not hard to begin with, this is a non gimmick Haunted deck & recommended.
NicholasD25
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
I also have a couple of alternative ways to get into position that work better for me.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
To me it looks obvious what’s going on. Not very magical.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
It's on sale today!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I LOVE JEKI YOO! But to me this trick is just ok. It’s a clever solution to an impromptu haunted deck but not amazing. Could be magician thinking so if someone is killing with this I would love to know.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Horrible !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fright: The Impromptu Haunted Deck by Jeki Yoo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL