The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » stuff (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
It has just ocurd to me reading the bill to lemin posts, how mutch stuff do you bring with you when you go out in the street?
for me:
(I'm a juggler rember)
clubs
knifes
balls
dioblo
devil sticks
fire props of all of the above!
fule
costume (Includs roap belt for roap thue neck)
rubber hand
water
baby wipes!!
a hat or bag to pass
some times a fire man's hat and gloves
fire extingisher
lighter
chang bag
cups and balls (my latest fave! onle if tables are avalible)
mouse pad/mat

I have bin looking into an amp/ pa system but my dream set up is beter than$800! Smile
I am sure I forgot stuff (like a broom.) but you get the idea, jugglers cary a lot of stuff, Other than tricks what do you cary?
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
This is an intersting topic. I have a couple of shows.

Show number one I have a table because I close with the cups and balls. For just this one trick I also need to bring:

Cups
balls
big balls (for the final load)
A pouch (Thank's Gaz)
A hat
A gigantic load that goes into the pouch and eventually the hat

Also:
TT and silk
A vanishing bottle

Ropes for the prof. nightmare

4 Ike dollars for a coins across

Show number 2

rope,
cards,
4 ike dollars
insurance policy
bag of gimmicked balloons
hat pin
TT and a silk

Everything in this show fits in my pockets. I sometimes bring a Dr.'s bag and a harbin table that folds up to the size and weight of a magazine. As a matter of fact, it will fit in a magazine.

Everything with the exception of the balloons are instant reset and reuseable. This is not a mistake. I spent many, many, months, finding just the right stuff. I set up and break down in under sixty seconds with both shows.

Both shows can play between 8 min to an hour. If I do all my bits and pieces.

Both shows have proven to be good earners for me and I've been very happy with them.

I don't know how the juggler type guys do it! Lugging all that stuff, taking 45 minutes to set it all up and then another 30 to break it all down!

I have much respect for all the big circle juggler types!

Luckily big show = big bucks.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
boy am I jealous, once I plant my self I stay there. I'm gussing near 50 lbs of stuff.(I can nock it down but it seems what ever I leave home will be the perfict prop for the day.) set up is no big deal and is often part of the show, packing up however. Smile
but yea big shows=big rush and usaly big$ (I don't count it till I get home)
the table sounds cool, the big stumbiling block to me using the cups and balls more is I don't want one more thing to cary, tell me more, please, price and suplier pro's and cons?
also what non performance things (if any)do you take? I don't juggle the broom, I sweep the space with it, so the parents let the kids sit. paper toules and BABY WIPES are for clean up, and a must if you do fire! lunch ect.
Boy am I jealous! Smile
any one else, or am I the only one hear with a hand truck for there show?
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Garrett Nelson
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Garrett Nelson
It really depends on the crowd you are expecting.

I can stay put for the time I want (although admittidly I am mainly seeking out future shows) with just a large briefcase full of things. I include my Table hopping props (little space), and some things from my childrens show (I perform where children are all over).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » stuff (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL