The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Okito Coin box basic (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Hi folks,

There are coin boxes out there which are decorated an some which have clever mechanical features - but this is about basic handling.

Which coin box have you found easiest or most reliable for the basic trick? Including the drop into your other hand at the end?

Thanks in advance,

JonT
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Buddha Boxes. All of them. My favorite of the boxes I own.

Doug
bassinator
View Profile
New user
Louisiana
86 Posts

Profile of bassinator
I picked up my first set of coin boxes just a few months ago, so still working to get the knack of things down perfectly. I got an older Jim Zee Okito box from this forum first then a set from Airship a little later. Both Okito boxes are similar and seem easy to me to make the "move". Airship's boxes are well made and seem to be reasonably priced.
Jeff O
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of Jeff O
I like Jim Zee boxes quite a bit but I do like Craig Ousterling boxes better because they have rings around the box at the edge of the lid. Hides any wear discrepancies. And they're beautiful.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have eight sets and prefer the Buddha for coins, but have a wooden one I use with a ring by choice.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Another vote for the Ousterling boxes. Good weight and easy to handle.
Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
I thought my Buddha boxes were great but this new set is fantastic.

Click here to view attached image.
magojose|
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of magojose|
Craig Ousterling is your man to go of want the top of line in coin boxes. Well made, dream handling
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

@Chuck Finley, that's a sleek looking coin box. Where is it from?

@magojose|, Craig is making beautiful boxes. Do you have a non-gaffed box (or slot) of his and if so how are the tabled and drop turnovers? There are some details about weight and how the lid fits on the box that effect those one-handed turnovers.
charlie_d
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of charlie_d
Michael Myatt at: http://www.moonlightmagic.us/
Excellent custom boxes if you have specific requirements.
Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2020, Jonathan Townsend wrote:

@magojose|, Craig is making beautiful boxes. Do you have a non-gaffed box (or slot) of his and if so how are the tabled and drop turnovers? There are some details about weight and how the lid fits on the box that effect those one-handed turnovers.

This is a set from Custom Illusions/ The Hands of Magic.
magojose|
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of magojose|
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2020, Jonathan Townsend wrote:

I have his three coin set, wich is the same that David Roth use to sell (regular/slot/Boston) with just one lid. IMHO there's nothing weird with the weight of the box regards the turnovers...if I understand your question
If you want I can record you a little video with it, just PM me!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Thanks for offering a video. +1 for Craig's boxes. Smile

Ah the things you find out when looking to match up a Bobby Bernard box or a Sawa box... Smile
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Just wondering...since Okito got his original idea from a pill box...have we checked if there are pill boxes out there today that would be useful to us? I got this idea when I learned that the Linking Finger Ring(s) was actually an item designed for people with arthritis and found already in medical supply houses and adapted to a magic trick. Anyway.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
P.s. I actually like my Roy Keuppers set. A little tight for English pennies; I had to steel wool the inside and also the edges of my English pennies, but after that I like the action.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Okito Coin box basic (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL