The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 4 wallets in one? Jean Pierre Vallarino does it again! (JPV WALLET) (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2021, peirceman wrote:
Would anyone under 60 years old know what it was even it you did pull it out of a jacket pocket?

This might be an issue. The wallet is really really large. Personally I can’t imagine using such a wallet as my every day wallet. Probably I will use it as something where I carry some cards or whatever. I think I will find a good solution for this. The brainwave itself is clean. But I find it very pricey for what it does - even though the quality is nice. I will give you some more about this after playing around with it for a while.
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
So, what should I say about this? I am still a bit unsure: I like the Brainwave method that I can do with this wallet and I will definitely use this. The quality is good and it does what it has promised quite well. But boy, is this large. It's 15.5 cm folded up. I can't imagine using this as something I will carry around with me on a daily basis. I don't even have pockets where this might fit into. But I wouldn't say that it screams magic prop though - If I say to someone that's my wallet where I carry some cards or whatever this might work very well I guess.

You are not limited to some sort of Brainwace effect of course as you have an I***x which makes this a great tool. I haven't had this type of wallet, so I am fine with it - but it's pricey though in my opinion. You can use this as a peek wallet as well, but I wouldn't recommend buying it on that purpose because there are way better wallets for this on the market.

So, yeah. It's fine. I will use it. But nothing groundbreaking for me though. If you like what you see in the trailer and you have some money that needs to be spend: Go for it. If not, don't.

Sorry if this isn't what you expected me to say, but it's kind of difficult. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

Daniel
dbaltes1520
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of dbaltes1520
Daniel, appreciate your review of this wallet. I like wallets a lot and have quite a few and was very interested in this one. However, what I saw on the sale video I can currently do with one or most of my other wallets very well. I did not see the "gotta" have this effect. And, for a good multi-out wallet I use the Heirloom Wallet - though I am not sure if it is even available anymore. So, again, thanks for the valuable information.

Doug
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Ha - the ad says "totally new concept" Smile Thank you for your thoughts Daniel!
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
I only own several peek wallets like Alias, Razor, Viper etc and not the wallets mentioned in the ad copy (like LePaul), so I can’t really say if the method here is something completely new. You have a well hidden i***x for the Brainwave effect though.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Yes I thought so too - understood thank you!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2021, peirceman wrote:
Would anyone under 60 years old know what it was even it you did pull it out of a jacket pocket?

Absolutely (though I think spectators don't care). I've seen plenty of young people, my mid-twenties son-in-law included, who carry wallets even bigger than this.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Size of the wallet is a personal choice--this type of wallet is designed to be kept in the breast pocket of a sportjacket.

The wallet has a lot more built into it than has been mentioned here.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Just got this- very clever, very practical, I actually like the size (and I’m 24- have used JOL at gigs for years). Not an everyday carry- this is a gigging wallet.

Instructions are terrible, wallet make is wonderful but the ... ma***** will fall out- beware. Load to wallet needs to be reworked- but not hard.

All in all, as someone who designs and builds magic wallets, I’m happy with this as it proposes something ACTUALLY NEW.

Wallet design is very nice- though the infinite credit card pockets could have been converted into a space for a lovely out to lunch pocket. Oh well!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 4 wallets in one? Jean Pierre Vallarino does it again! (JPV WALLET) (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL