The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Gemini Twins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

brownitus
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of brownitus
Hey guys,

Here's a patter for the trick Gemini Twins. It uses, of course, the standard King-Queen-Twins-story, but I just modified it here and there, adding little lines and all that I have experienced really add to the effect.

1) KS-QS-KS-QS = "So we have a story here about the wonderful royal family of Cardania. Firstly, there's the extremely handsome King (show king), Tom, who was married to an equally dazzling queen (show queen), Joan. She was just beautiful, I mean a real head-turner. Then, we have the King's studly twin brother (show king), Tim, and he is married to the Queen's beautiful twin sister (show queen), Jill.
2) KS-QH-KS-QH = "So one night, being the Royal Family and all, they decide to go out to a local pub and grab a few drinks, you know, just relax. The four of them are just relaxing, having some drinks and enjoying themselves. Then Joan, the Queen, and her sister Jill go to the lady's room to freshen up. While they're in there (show King), Tom is having a good time because (Show QH) he spots this georgous red-head. He is just frozen in amazement of this chick's beauty. But, we also have the King's brother (show King), Tim, who spots a georgeous red-head as well! (show QH) Man, they're both ready to get their flirt on, but both also apparently forgot about their wives!
3) QS-QH-QS-QH = "So, the Queen and her sister come out and boy, are they MAD (Show Queen)! I mean, Joan is obviously angry as can be at this stinkin' red-head (show QH), but so is the queen's sister of course (show queen), because her husband was also eyein' another red-head, remember? (show QH)
4) QS-KS-QS-KS = "Well, after lots of hair pulling and cat-fighting between the ladies-- which Tom and Tim didn't seem to mind-- Joan and Jill are about ready to get these red-heads executed (show Queen), but the King, obviously infatuated with the red-head (show king) says to his wife that they should go home and just chill out before things get out of control. Of course, (show queen), the Queen's sister is just as insulted by her husband (show king) having flirted with the redhead. They all go home and things are never the same.
5) QH-KH-QH-KH = "So, I bet you're wondering-- what happened to the red-heads, right? Well, (show QH), they got pretty scared at the threat of being executed, so they head to another bar to see if they can get some action while the night is still young. And of course, the red-head finds just that (show KH) when she sees this handsome red-headed gentlemen winking at her as soon as she walks in! (Show QH) And the other red-head isn't to be left out of this, as (Show KH) she also finds herself a red-headed stud and they all live happily ever after!
"Everything that can be invented has been invented." - Charles H. Duell, US Commissioner of Patents, 1899
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Well, okay...the important thing is that the patter works for you. I'll take a different approach, but one that works for me. In that way, we take effects and make them our own...so that, as one post has described it, we don't all look like little clones doing the same tricks in the same way.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
primoshock
View Profile
New user
Utah
11 Posts

Profile of primoshock
I like the patter, but when I began performing this card - people never caught on to the trick . . . I was going TOO fast.

My suggestion is to go slow, show the cards, the "doubles" may slip - but you'll get the hang of it sooner before later.

Also add emphasis that there are FOUR cards and ONLY FOUR cards . . . don't show what they are, just show the FOUR backs. Smile

-Primoshock
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Gemini Twins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL