The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » What is this card production? any source? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
710 Posts

Profile of Vogler
In the beginning of this act the magician produces cards from back palm in the right hand and he uses tenkai palm maybe (?) for the other hand. Do you know what exactly this production is ? How is called ? where I can find a source for this? https://youtu.be/4SItpFWN18o
Thanks
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There are several ways to perform the left hand card production. I spend years searching and asking various magicians, but none would share. There is no formal name, that I ever found. The grip is not necessarily the name. I found 3 different types, all take hours of practice to do it smoothly and get the fingers trained. If you can hold the cards in the Tenkai position, then use it, I never could, the cards would always slip off the base of my palm.

If you can see the fingers holding the card produced, that is a tell to the method. It looks like the guy in the video is using something more simple, as it looks like he is using the thumb to push off the top card.

Hint: Whenever you watch a video, go large screen and turn off the sound. That lets you concentrate video and not be distracted by other distractions.
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
710 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Bill Hegbli thank you so much for your answer. I have actually found a way to do it, not with Tenkai, more a “classic palm” with cards. It is not an easy move!
But I would like to improve it or read academically about this production. The fact that there are no sources for this move intrigued me even more . Jeff Mc bride in his videos has a similar move with Tenkai, but it is not the same. Really weird that there is no literature
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
710 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Actually I found it. More inner secrets of card magic. Cardini’s production.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Vogler, yes that is correct, I could not remember the title to that book, mine is stored away.

That is the handling that is I found very difficult for me.

I think that video may have been edited, when he changed to the shooting cards. Just suggesting you study the video closely.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I know you have answered your question but I thought you'd like to see a color version of Rudi doing the act:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU9bo56GcjQ&feature=emb_logo

And a different version of Rudi's act. This one with some coin work, a thimble routine, different balls and getting rid of the flower vase set piece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlWD3C_FGZQ
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
710 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Harry Murphy thank you, I have seen these as Im a huge fan of mr Heuer . Nice that you shared these for the people to see a very skillful but unknown manipulator .
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
I think it is Cardini's singles production. That is what Jeff Sheridan called it. The guy in the video is doing it terribly. His hand looks awful. For the same thing of double singles (singles from each hand) some used a grip where the block is curved and held in the thumb crotch. When was the date of the performance on the video ?
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
710 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Yes it is a variation of Cardini production. I don't think he is doing it terribly. You see it from a magician’s viewpoint. I like his whole performance and his showmanship. The video is recorded about 1980. . Also I think he has the cards in his thumb crotch. The classic Cardini production that Sheridan teaches produce the card from a classic palm and the card appears in a vertical position.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
The first person I saw do the Cardini production from _More Inner Secrets of C are Magic_ was Johnny Hart, as seen at the 1:27 spot of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE2ZQb6G3MU&t=223s

The way Johnny does it, the cards appear in a vertical orientation.

You can see Cardini himself performing the production at the 0:27 spot of this video, albeit in his right hand:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6YjF7rGO6E

Joseph Gabriel does a different and very nice left hand production at the 2:20 spot of the video from his Tonight Show appearance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME49QIXAVTI

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
I always try to see things from a non-magician's point of view. But I calls 'em like I see's 'em.
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
710 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Well, I see it in a completely different way. He is a very good performer.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
There is also a way to hold curved cards in the crotch of the thumb with the left hand, and produce them like in Harrad's Grab a Dollar, but with cards and not bills. That way was very popular too. The only guy I ever saw do the Cardini production really well was Jeff Sheridan. (and Cardini)
Inlakesh
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Inlakesh
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2021, gregg webb wrote:
I think it is Cardini's singles production. That is what Jeff Sheridan called it. The guy in the video is doing it terribly. His hand looks awful. For the same thing of double singles (singles from each hand) some used a grip where the block is curved and held in the thumb crotch. When was the date of the performance on the video ?

That is the one Lance Burton used through his whole career. It looked beautiful in his hands.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
There is a different one it could be, by Chavez or Walter E. Cummings.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » What is this card production? any source? (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL