The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Chicago Bar Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Boroballa
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Boroballa
I was looking to get another DVD, I read the effects on this DVD and they sound good can someone give me a review on it? thanks.
MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of MagicAndBlackjack
Hey,

Are you talking about the one with Randy Wakeman?

I wasn't sure that they put this on DVD, so just checking before I write a review on something that might be different than what you are speaking of.

I'll post a review if it's confirmed that its the same one.

TJ
Boroballa
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Boroballa
Yes I was, thanks
MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of MagicAndBlackjack
Ok, here is my review. The scoring is based on 1-10, 10 being the best rating and 0 being the worst rating.

1)Davebury Delusion:
A spectator freely selects any card in the deck and the card is lost in the center of the deck.
You say you will use some cards to determine what their card is. You show the top 2 cards and with the first one you say it tells you their card isn't red, then you put it on the table face down. You show the second card and say it tells you their card is not a face card. Although, this second card is their selection and you put it face down on the table with the first card shown. You show the next card (a 3) and say it tells you how far down in the deck their card is, but since they have seen you already put their card down, they think you messed up. You deal two cards face down on top of the two on the table and the third card down is shown to be their selection. They take a look at the 4 cards on the table since they think you put their card down there, and they are seen to be the 4 Aces.

This trick gets amazing reactions, and I think it deserves an 8/10.

2)Exploding Aces:
The 4 Aces are shown and one by one they turn face-down. The Ace of Spades mysteriously turns back face-up. You then show the other three Aces have changed into the 2, 3, and 4 of spades. You then lose the Ace of Spades back into the deck and reproduce all 4 Aces. Two methods of doing this are taught.

This is a great trick with multiple climaxes of the Aces turning face-down, then 3 change into completely different cards, and then the 4 Aces are magically produced. 8/10

3)Stacked Impact: This is a dice stacking routine with a surprise ending of two jumbo dice in place of 5 smaller dice. I personally don't do this effect but some may like it. 7/10

4)Standing Ten Count:

A card is selected and lost in the deck. A spectator counts ten cards and they keep multiplying in their hands as they count them out. In the end, you are holding about 15 cards and they suddenly turn into the whole deck except for one card which is in your hand. It is their selection. 7/10

5)Red Hot Mama:
A card is freely selected, and then it turns red-backed in a blue deck. It is tabled face-down and someone puts their hand on it. A second card is selected and shown. The card that is under the persons hand has changed to the second selection.
Gets great reactions and a great opener. 9/10

6)The Big Stop:
You hold a jumbo card face down and go through a deck and ask someone to call stop. The card they stopped at matches the jumbo card. 7/10

7)I Chink So:
Chink-a-chink with bottlecaps. It's a nice matrix type effect and ends with you putting two caps in your hand and 2 in theirs. They open their hand and are holding all 4.

Very strong effect and nice ending. 9/10

8)The Chicago Stab:
A card is selected, signed, and lost in the deck. The deck is put in the box and then everything is put into an examined or even borrowed paper bag. A spectator stabs a knife or pen into the bag and rips the knife out from the bag. The selection is impaled on the end of the knife and there are no holes in the card box.
This trick has easily become my reputation maker.10/10

9)Johnny Paul/ Jim Ryan Bill Tear:
A bill is borrowed and ripped into pieces. It is then produced however you wish. 8/10

There is good material on here. The tricks are very commercial. Most of them can be done even if you are not at a bar. Actually, only 2 of the tricks definately need a table, so you could do most of these in strolling situations as well. The difficulty of the tricks is intermediate to advanced since there is some dice stacking and palming.

The performances are done in a real bar with a real audience. There is one trick on here that is shown but not explained but I think you could be able to figure out your own method of achieving the same thing.
The explanations are clearly explained.
Highly Recommended.

TJ
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Very practical. I use a lot of this stuff, especially exploding aces. His work on red hot mama is excellent, and the Hindu force variant is excellent.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Randy has a greta teaching style. I like that he perfromed in a bar setting ( although he wasn't bartending ).
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
holytoledo36
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of holytoledo36
Is there a dice stacking review on this dvd?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Chicago Bar Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL