The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Stack watch 2.0 (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Stack watch 2.0 is out. No joke.
They added a date. Finally they understood that people who buy this don't know what day it is today either.

I don't know if it's true, so take this message with a grain of salt.
I have heard rumors that in version 3 there will be a blank space on the back to engrave the owner's name and address. In case he got lost on the beach.
peirceman
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of peirceman
I'm holding out until they include GPS in case I get lost in the supermarket.
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I purchased Stack Watch version 1. Worst magic purchase in years. The bezel shifts position with even the tiniest accidental bump. I shared my concerns with Ellusionist and they sent me a replacement. The bezel on that one was even easier to accidentally move. Sent that one back and put the first one in a drawer, never to be used again. IMHO, it's a cheap piece of junk. The version 2 doesn't look any better. My Stack Watch experience, combined with the ridiculous rebirth of Ellusionist stunt they pulled a few weeks ago, means I will never make a purchase from Ellusionist again.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
I purchased Stack Watch version 1. Worst magic purchase in years. The bezel shifts position with even the tiniest accidental bump. I shared my concerns with Ellusionist and they sent me a replacement. The bezel on that one was even easier to accidentally move. Sent that one back and put the first one in a drawer, never to be used again. IMHO, it's a cheap piece of junk. The version 2 doesn't look any better. My Stack Watch experience, combined with the ridiculous rebirth of Ellusionist stunt they pulled a few weeks ago, means I will never make a purchase from Ellusionist again.

Mark

Mark,

Thank for sharing your opinion. I was going to purchase v2 but now I will stay away.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Sorry, but it was always from the very beginning the most stupid and superfluous item you could ever buy. It got only "invented" due to the fact that there are so many unbelievable and really lazy mags and mentalists around. Learn finally a stack, it takes 4 weeks an hour the day, the maximum. If this is too much for you: 1. You should be glad not being a musician. 2. Get a different hobby, probably collecting stamps and then show your albums around. You might receive the same admiration by your onlookers. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I purchased the watch because my memory isn't what it used to be. When I read a 3 page instruction sheet, by the time I get to page 3 I've forgotten what I read on page 1. Smile For some, learning a stack could be a more daunting task than others might assume.

No matter, my "fix" for the situation was to ask a friend to write a stack app for me. It's compatible with PeekSmith, the Apple Watch, Mi Band and other peek devices. It is also compatible with the Wilson Magic Remote and cheap "gamepad" remotes. So, with a the peek device hidden away (such as in the bottom of a card case) and the remote secretly palmed, the deck can be false shuffled (or use a stripper deck), freely cut, and after a glimpse at the bottom card and a couple of quick entries with the remote, my PeekSmith displays the location of any card in the stack. It works beautifully. Can also be used with a marked deck and no bottom peek is necessary.

This app and the two accessory devices are WAY better than the goofy Stack Watch.

And, no, my friend's app is NOT in the iOS app store.

Jan, May your memory be strong and vibrant for the rest of your days!

Mark
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:

Mark

You do not really need memory when you learn it the correct way... and once you know it, you will never forget it. Sounds unbelievable, but it is true. I really cannot recommend enough Simon Aronson's method which you can adopt also to other stacks.

The main problem remains (and this is NOT pointed towards you, Mark...): Too many never try, too many give up too early - mainly for reasons of laziness and lack of discipline. And this is unfortunately also the reason that you find so many people in magic who are free of any talent. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
103 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2021, JanForster wrote:
Quote:

Mark

You do not really need memory when you learn it the correct way... and once you know it, you will never forget it. Sounds unbelievable, but it is true. I really cannot recommend enough Simon Aronson's method which you can adopt also to other stacks.

The main problem remains (and this is NOT pointed towards you, Mark...): Too many never try, too many give up too early - mainly for reasons of laziness and lack of discipline. And this is unfortunately also the reason that you find so many people in magic who are free of any talent. Jan

I see nothing wrong with using a “tool” to assist you with memory so you can concentrate more on the performance and the experience you give to the spectator. It’s not how you got to the ending it is how well you deliver. Who cares if you use 100% your memory or a tool!
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2021, How wrote:
I see nothing wrong with using a “tool” to assist you with memory so you can concentrate more on the performance and the experience you give to the spectator. It’s not how you got to the ending it is how well you deliver. Who cares if you use 100% your memory or a tool!

I would recommend that you buy it as soon as possible. I am sure this watch is in good hands with you.
MattyMediocrity
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of MattyMediocrity
I'm just glad the rapper Drake legitimized wearing two watches because now I can go into the really complex stuff without looking suspicious... well, after I learn my Roman numerals I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do the really complex stuff
Creator of Molly Mayhem's 25 Cent Tacos <ultra visual coin bend> Smile

I try to treat others as if this were a small community where we're likely to be face to face one day Smile
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Quote:
And, no, my friend's app is NOT in the iOS app store.
Mark

Dagnabit.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2021, MattyMediocrity wrote:
I'm just glad the rapper Drake legitimized wearing two watches because now I can go into the really complex stuff without looking suspicious... well, after I learn my Roman numerals I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do the really complex stuff

Fidel Castro was the first as it happens. Rolex Submariner and a GMT Master. On the same wrist too.
MattyMediocrity
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of MattyMediocrity
I remember thinking my joke was funny when I wrote it... but even I don't get it re-reading it three weeks later, lol.

I found the pics. https://www.rolexmagazine.com/2010/05/ro......html?m=1
Che too 😂

That's a pretty cool and obscure factoid that I'll probably end up using at some point.

Sort of like how Alaska is the most northern, western AND eastern US state.
Creator of Molly Mayhem's 25 Cent Tacos <ultra visual coin bend> Smile

I try to treat others as if this were a small community where we're likely to be face to face one day Smile
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Last night's theme during Ring 76's April meeting: 'Magic that you do not use'. When the theme was announced, I immediately realized the item I own which represents that theme the best was the Stack Watch. After giving my presentation regarding the reasons why I 100% regretted purchasing the Stack Watch, I announced the Stack Watch would be one of the door prizes for the evening's drawing. The first ticket drawn got his choice of 4 different door prizes and, despite my best efforts to convince everyone of the uselessness of the Stack Watch, that member chose the Watch.

This morning, on our Ring's private Facebook group, a member recommended this item as a needed accessory for the Stack Watch:

Smile Smile Smile Smile

The laughter continues.

Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Stack watch 2.0 (14 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL