The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Daryl's Cardboard Chameleons (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Hello all!

Does anyone know where I can purchase Daryl's Cardboard Chameleons? I've searched several online magic shops and even did an online search but can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
His website shows a lot of items still, but not that effect.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
There's a Greater Magic Our Best Vol 1 DVD, that has Daryl explaining the routine. If you contact Marty or some other card supplier, they could get you the cards you need. Murphy's is handling a lot of the Daryl stuff, maybe they are planning on releasing it.
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
You don't even need to contact anyone for the cards as they're just regular cards with different colored backs. Should be able to pick them easy enough.
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Thanks guys! I did come across the Greater Magic DVD but I'm not really interested in any of the other effects taught on the DVD. Worst case scenario, if I absolutely cannot find the effect sold on its own then I may get the Greater Magic DVD. Thanks again!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
hbenod
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of hbenod
I know the original Chameleon Cards -which had the cards included- was written and illustrated by Phil Goldstein aka Max Maven years ago (early or mid-eighties). I got mine directly from Daryl. I also have the Greater Magic Video Library in Betamax. Having both made it easier to recreate the routine. It takes dedication to make this plot work well and requires a lot of practice. But, ahh!! what a BLOCKBUSTER effect this is. I feel like reworking it and keeping it current as it was one of my more powerful routines ever. If you don't use you loose it! This is very true in Magic. It's a fantastic routine for a working pro - but, I am not a professional magician. That's why I forgot it.

Mrmagik68, I recommend purchasing the DVD and 3 contrasting color back decks and concentrate in getting this routine up to snuff!! Good luck. I thinks this would be your best bet.

hbenod
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Sent you a PM
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1670 Posts

Profile of martydoesmagic
I was lucky enough to buy this trick from Alison, Daryl's wife, at the Blackpool Magic Convention a few years ago. She warned me that it was difficult! It is one of the very best packet tricks ever invented, and you end totally clean (as Daryl used to say)! You can see the much-missed Magician's Magician perform his masterpiece on The Magic Palace.

Watch Daryl's Cardboard Chameleons

P.S. I also had the privilege to watch Daryl lecture in the Spanish Hall. He was, as always, amazing and very inspiring.
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Seeing the young Daryl in the video reminds me of the first time I saw him, doing magic behind a bar in San Diego sometime in the ‘70s. He was so good and personable!
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2021, hbenod wrote:
I know the original Chameleon Cards -which had the cards included- was written and illustrated by Phil Goldstein aka Max Maven years ago (early or mid-eighties). I got mine directly from Daryl. I also have the Greater Magic Video Library in Betamax. Having both made it easier to recreate the routine. It takes dedication to make this plot work well and requires a lot of practice. But, ahh!! what a BLOCKBUSTER effect this is. I feel like reworking it and keeping it current as it was one of my more powerful routines ever. If you don't use you loose it! This is very true in Magic. It's a fantastic routine for a working pro - but, I am not a professional magician. That's why I forgot it.

Mrmagik68, I recommend purchasing the DVD and 3 contrasting color back decks and concentrate in getting this routine up to snuff!! Good luck. I thinks this would be your best bet.

hbenod

Thanks hbenod,

Luckily, a buddying Café member has come to the rescue (Thanks Rennie!) and I now patiently await the arrival of Cardboard Chameleons!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2021, Rennie wrote:
Sent you a PM

Thank you Rennie!!!
Original Card Clinician
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2021, martyjacobs wrote:
I was lucky enough to buy this trick from Alison, Daryl's wife, at the Blackpool Magic Convention a few years ago. She warned me that it was difficult! It is one of the very best packet tricks ever invented, and you end totally clean (as Daryl used to say)! You can see the much-missed Magician's Magician perform his masterpiece on The Magic Palace.

Watch Daryl's Cardboard Chameleons

P.S. I also had the privilege to watch Daryl lecture in the Spanish Hall. He was, as always, amazing and very inspiring.

martyjacobs,

That's the video that has made me want to learn this effect! Daryl performed it brilliantly! I understand it's a challenging routine to learn but, I'm up for the challenge. Lucky you that you got to see him live. I never got the opportunity to see him live but fortunately, he left us a treasure trove of books and videos!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Great routine, but pulling off some of the required counts will be some practice.
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2021, Tom G wrote:
Great routine, but pulling off some of the required counts will be some practice.

I'm ready for the challenge! I'll try to lean the counts in stages. I learned the count sequence for Bill Goodwin's Cannibal Kings fairly quick. I'm sure the Chameleon counts will be much more difficult but, I'll give it my best. Thanks for the warning though lol.

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
289 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
That sounds like a lot of fun.

Smile
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
I worked on this for a very long time. Very tough nut to crack. I finally gave up. Daryl makes it look soo easy. I love it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Daryl's Cardboard Chameleons (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL