The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Fry's Electronics is Closing (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Just saw news report that all Fry's will be closing. A major electronics chain in Western US, it had everything electrical you needed (and lots you didn't need).

No more Radio Shack, no more Fry's....very sad.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
but he still can't help build a border wall with only
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
So where is the go to source for components now? Amazon? AliBaba? AliExpress? eBay?
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

It's a fact! - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
(This line censored by Dave Scribner because it is in Latin) - What you believe is real, is real!
Who was that masked man and what is he all about? - https://www.pinterest.com/garydsalisbury/
merlin5150 II
View Profile
Elite user
Aurora, IL
414 Posts

Profile of merlin5150 II
DigiKey & Adafruit
are my main sources
B.W. McCarron
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, WA USA
262 Posts

Profile of B.W. McCarron
I use the big auction site when I need 50+ of an item (2xAA battery holders, push switches, LED holders, LEDs, etc.) The downside is that it takes awhile, as most of the parts come from China, but I always order ahead. Their search feature works quite well, too (much better than the big e-tailer that starts with A).

Mouser is ok, as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Fry's Electronics is Closing (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL