The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ICANDY by Peter Eggink (great organic magic) (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
ICandy allows you to perform amazing visual effects from transpo's, color changes, penetrations and much more!
Check out the video and let the magic speak for itself.

The gimmick adapts to both popular brands: Fruit-tella and Starburst.
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=67115
coops
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of coops
Alternatively, purchase Juicy launched four years ago. Poor show Peter.
https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-mag......ley.html
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Also looks like he uses the gimmick air to vanish the object????
Pixelated
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Pixelated
Do they not check whether the product names have been used before?
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
172 Posts

Profile of kevg
Evidently not...nor if the actual product has been released before either? If it's OK to copy a product already on the market and add a different vanish or the smallest change then ethics seem to be completely out the window.

Hey have you heard about my new product 'The Ghost' it's like ghost tag but it's a badge instead. Apparently this would be fine for me to release and put my name on.
----------
www.rubikscubemagician.co.uk
----------
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Special user
790 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Saturn sent out an email about this.

Quote:
Here's Why We Will NOT be Stocking iCandy by Peter Eggink

A "new" item iCandy by Peter Eggink has just hit the market and we have to say we are NOT impressed. It uses the same gimmick as our effect Juicy which has been on the market since 2017.

We approached Peter Eggink and were told that he was unaware of Juicy and that iCandy was his creation. Peter is a well established creator and knows full well the need for research. If he did not do his research then we find this staggering.

We informed Peter that he was using a gimmick which was already included in our Juicy set (actually we supply 3 different ready made gimmicks and not just 1 unfinished gimmick as supplied with iCandy). His response was that he had added an extra gimmick to do a vanish which in his opinion was worth the price of the effect alone.

There are variations of all sorts of effects on the market but what we really don't like is that Peter has taken James' effect Juicy with Starburst sweets and simply added a vanish which we do not teach on our tutorial. With this added vanish Peter now claims it to be a new trick. In our view it does not make it new. In reality it is simply a different handling of James' Juicy gimmick.

For these reasons we will NOT support iCandy but will continue to support the original creator James Keatley - and we'd encourage you to do the same - as such we direct you to Juicy which contains more gimmicks, has no iCandy angle sensitive vanish, the gimmicks are ready made and contains more effects, plus it's over £10 cheaper. More for less!
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Vanish looks like a variation of Now U C It.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
The vanish looks like Fickle Nickel by John Cornelius and the s***l candy very much reminds me of Sugar Rush by Brian Platt.
I hope credits were given. What kind of candy is that supposed to be anyway?

After hearing that Aeon Sun wasn’t paid in a fair manner by Mr. Eggink in Blackpool (after the success of Sun’s Voodoo Needle) I will avoid this guy in the future.
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
The name of this trick baffles me.

‘i’ candy suggests it’s something to do with iPhones.

It’s also the same name as another popular trick on the market.

The name is almost as original as the trick itself which is a complete duplicate of James Keatley’s Juicy which has been around for years and very well known.

They should have called this ‘iCopy’.

Considering it’s to do with sweets this is the most ‘tasteless’ release of the year.
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Looks like Juicy from Saturn Magic and the vanish similar to AIR by Alain Simonov & Shin Lim
Did he not do the same vanish on CTG?
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2021, reignofsound wrote:
Looks like Juicy from Saturn Magic and the vanish similar to AIR by Alain Simonov & Shin Lim
Did he not do the same vanish on CTG?

yes, saturn magic address this/juicy, above.
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
So is Juicy a copy of Sugar Rush?
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
Nah, Juicy is not a copy of Sugar Rush. For something to be a copy it has to at least look the same.
iCandy gimmicks look EXACTLY the same as Juicy.
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I got Saturn's email too.
Tyler Lunsford
View Profile
Regular user
USA
131 Posts

Profile of Tyler Lunsford
I feature my thoughts on iCandy and the drama surrounding it in this episode of “The Magician News” check it out below if you would like to Smile

https://youtu.be/rCElwrVxQo8

Have a wonderful day!
Tyler 😊
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ICANDY by Peter Eggink (great organic magic) (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL