The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I can't take it any longer! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
What you eat is your diet. A change of diet is what I was suggesting. Obviously you are starting to change it, but eating things such as almonds, salmon, salad, etc. improve your skin and are things you should be eating anyway. The book isn't filled with ways to change the way you think about food, it's to help your skin, which it does do. Take a look at it, it might help.
andl
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
159 Posts

Profile of andl
1st: diet! like Partisan said
2nd: stop using clearasil, etc... it makes everything worse because it destructes the natural bacterial flora on your skin. go to your dermatologist and only use what he tells you to!
3rd: if all this isn't effective, ask your doctor for Isotretionin. it's a very heavy drug which you have to take for a long time and has very much heavy side-effects! but when you are finished, they are gone forever! (i would use this as very last alternative)
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Exo-Dermal flora, awesome andl. I must learn how to cultivate mine Smile
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
I had acne on my upper arms for the most part. I use a loofa/scrubber (sp?) after washing well to help to keep the area clean of dirt. All of the dietary advice that I was given did nothing. Giving up certain foods did not work, and because it did not affect my face more than marginally, I did not go to the doctor. I still carry the scars on my arms from the year or so before I began my routine with the loofa/scrubber. I would suggest you speak with a medical professional if the problem worries you or is too severe. All of the nutritional advice may be right on the money, but then again it could also be coming from people who have ideas that are more extreme than you would be comfortable or even safe to attempt.

Consult a trusted medical professional before you decide to do anything radical as far as your diet goes. Remember, we do not know your medical history, allergies, or anything other than what you have already said. I do feel your frustration and wish you the best of luck.

Samuel
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
While we are on external treatment I will hand you this little bit of advice [to aid your dermal flora] Smile

What I'm about to tell you also applies to healing cuts to leave minimal skin damage.
Honey is about the best thing you can use on cuts/spots/dry skin ect. You can apply straight and neat to the actual area or make a solution that you can coat large areas.
Get a glass half full of very warm water [best from a cooling kettle], now dissolve about 3-5 teaspoons of honey into it. leave it to cool abit so its still warm. Get your applicator into the glass and get scrubbing. by applicator I mean anything like cotton wool.
Note: Honey is an anti-bacterial. You never see honey go stale, mould cannot grow in it nor infectious bacteria. one of natures under-used resouces.
Where I have used it neat on cuts I have very faint scarring in comparision with untreated scars being much more visable
- Mark Twain
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Thanks guys! Partizan...where do you find these things out...LoL Smile. Thanks for the tip though, I have scars myself...I'll be sure to try it tonight before I go to bed! By the way, I've noticed a very little change, but it's better than nothing!
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
My mother spent about 20 years as a herbalist, homeopathist, hypnotherapist she has also messed around with palmistry, astrology, reflexology the list goes on and on. I tend to get a good old briefing about whatever she gets into. I am a curious soul too, and love to learn about new things.
Ps. I do rate honey very highly as a skin treatment, better than tea tree oil and less active.

The change will happen slow. This will be the hardest part. Keeping to your methods while it seems they are not working is the thing that gets most people.
Good luck!
- Mark Twain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I can't take it any longer! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL