The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Derren Brown - Mind Control (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
You may be interested to know that there is a new special "Mind Control 3" to be aired in the UK over Christmas. This is to be followed up with a theater tour planned for spring/summer of next year (UK only also).

However, the makers of Derrens shows are currently pitching to TV companies in the USA about making a version of Mind Control specifically for the US market. You guys are gonna fry when you see it!!!!!

He ’da man! Smile

Woo Hoo! 50 posts and counting. And they said it would never last!!!
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
I was lucky enough to see a rough cut of one of Derren's effects to be used on the Mind Control lll slot. I tell you, it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up! If this one effect is typical of the rest of the show it's going to be a belter.

And he's a nice guy, too! All power to him, I say
Wiz
View Profile
New user
Southport, UK
26 Posts

Profile of Wiz
I've seen both 'Mind Control' and 'Mind Control II' when they were shown on Channel 4. They were both refreshingly different and I'm sure the third show is going to be just as good.

I believe Derren was at the 'MindMagic 2001' event in London recently, where there was a session with the makers of the two aforementioned shows.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Sounds very interesting guy’s, hopefully they will air here in the States. Smile

Life is not a problem to be solved...

but a mystery to be lived.
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Bengi
View Profile
Veteran user
Georgia
309 Posts

Profile of Bengi
I have heard of Derren, but have never seen him. It would be nice if they would air something here in the U.S.

Bengi Smile
Rob Wallis
View Profile
New user
The Other California
73 Posts

Profile of Rob Wallis
He does have a couple of videos on his website

http://www.derrenbrown.co.uk
Tig Wallis
The Comic Psychic
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
889 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
Quote:

On 2001-12-02 00:09, Steve Brooks wrote:

Sounds very interesting guy’s, hopefully they will air here in the States.

This isn’t gonna happen anytime soon.

The guy who thought up ’Mind Control’,

TV producer Andrew O’Connor, is currently trying to sell the concept to a US TV network so they’ll give him cash to make a ’Mind Control’ show with Derren in America. He and DB have already been on one trip to LA to meet a few studio suits and to have DB demonstrate some of his stuff for them. Some of the meetings went well, some... er... didn’t! But, they are going back in the near future for more talks.

Anyway, O’Connor very much wants to make a show in the USA rather than have the UK shows aired over there.

http://www.ian-rowland.com. The most amazing cards in the world and the famous Levitating Cat.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Derren Brown is magic's best, if not only, hope.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
But Darren himself claims he doesn't do magic, so, I'm not sure "magic's hope" is quite exact.

As for airring M.C. I or II, they are quite British and wouldn't fly here in The States as well as a complete remake might. The production values and the edginess or grit of the presentation aren't mainstream America...which isn't exactly a bad thing. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Derren Brown - Mind Control (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL