The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best overhand false shuffle? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Osyris706
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Osyris706
What is the best false overhand shuffle in your opinion?
JonHackl
View Profile
Regular user
Western Australia
198 Posts

Profile of JonHackl
If it's a full-deck false shuffle, I use the lift shuffle. Don't know about best, but it works for me.
"Magic is the only kind of entertainment where 90% of the audience is trying to ruin it for themselves." - Pete Holmes

https://www.lybrary.com/ivy-p-925586.html
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Depends on what you consider "best". For me, it means a full-deck shuffle that looks exactly like the way a layperson would do it: not a riffle shuffle (in some parts of the world, only magicians do those), nothing showy/flashy (anything that might suggest card-handling skill), no jogs, awkward pauses, or interruptions to the rhythm. It would also be nice if it were easy to do.

The best candidate for that honour is Dan Garrett's "Underhanded Overhand Shuffle" (made even better with an improvement by Bob Farmer).
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
Osyris706
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Osyris706
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2021, ddyment wrote:
Depends on what you consider "best". For me, it means a full-deck shuffle that looks exactly like the way a layperson would do it: not a riffle shuffle (in some parts of the world, only magicians do those), nothing showy/flashy (anything that might suggest card-handling skill), no jogs, awkward pauses, or interruptions to the rhythm. It would also be nice if it were easy to do.

The best candidate for that honour is Dan Garrett's "Underhanded Overhand Shuffle" (made even better with an improvement by Bob Farmer).

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Natural and under the radar. Thank you! Do you know where I can find bob farmers' improvement?
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Osyris706 wondered:
Quote:
Do you know where I can find bob farmers' improvement?

Bob has asked that it not be posted on this site. It's out there in the broader world, though, and you can probably find it if you search.
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
camron
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of camron
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2021, ddyment wrote:
Osyris706 wondered:
Quote:
Do you know where I can find bob farmers' improvement?

Bob has asked that it not be posted on this site. It's out there in the broader world, though, and you can probably find it if you search.

I was able to find it in 5 seconds...
Gennovense
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of Gennovense
For me the bestt is Dan Garrett's "Underhanded Overhand Shuffle", but please do not underestimate the Lift Shuffle it looks better in my opinion.
Osyris706
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Osyris706
I found it. Will check out the lift shuffle.
What do you all think of Benjamin earl's real false shuffle?
Osyris706
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Osyris706
Lift shuffle isn't what I'm looking for. I'm mainly wanting to retain the order of the entire deck.
JonHackl
View Profile
Regular user
Western Australia
198 Posts

Profile of JonHackl
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2021, Osyris706 wrote:
Lift shuffle isn't what I'm looking for. I'm mainly wanting to retain the order of the entire deck.

I use the lift as a full-deck false shuffle. Just keep picking up packets the same way, then drop the lot on top when done.
"Magic is the only kind of entertainment where 90% of the audience is trying to ruin it for themselves." - Pete Holmes

https://www.lybrary.com/ivy-p-925586.html
Osyris706
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Osyris706
Ahh. Got you. Ok
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best overhand false shuffle? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL