The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Shine or no shine (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Slappy
View Profile
Loyal user
North Hollywood, CA
266 Posts

Profile of Slappy
My wife mentioned that I need to shine my brass Johnson chop cup. Its at the stage where it doesn’t look new, but the patina hasn’t really developed. Do you suggest patience and let the patina form naturally, or do I polish them up?
"Help, I've got a silver ball stuck on my thumb"
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Do you really want the patina of brass? I've never found it to be all that attractive, something about brass patina in particular just looks...dirty to me...

If you want to speed the process along, you can use baking soda, ammonia, or vinegar and salt to speed the process. A quick google search will yield many different options.

Here's a few: https://bit.ly/3cf3VVX
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of Swann101
Shine brass, patina copper!
Slappy
View Profile
Loyal user
North Hollywood, CA
266 Posts

Profile of Slappy
Thanks!
"Help, I've got a silver ball stuck on my thumb"
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
A performer in Central Park in the 60's used a great line for his cups, "these cups are solid gold but I had them copper plated so no one would steal them". I wish I could remember his name.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Shine or no shine (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL