The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peekypad+ app by TK Jiang & Ian Tan (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jiangtk
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of jiangtk
Dear Café Members,

This is TK from Singapore. Ian and I have released a FREE magic app called PeekyPad+. It's a digital impression pad app. With this app, imagine your phone as a normal impression pad like Parapad. This app is designed primarily for Androids but IOS is also available.

Find out more here https://www.facebook.com/groups/PeekyPadPlus/?ref=share

Cheers!
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
Only thing here is a link to join a private group. What is it, what does it look like, price?
jiangtk
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of jiangtk
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2021, Davidicus wrote:
Only thing here is a link to join a private group. What is it, what does it look like, price?

The app is free! We initially wanted to monetize this but we thought its been a tough year for magicians last year and now the pandemic is getting better in parts of the world. We thought why not share this for free with the community.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai......peekypad

IOS:
https://apps.apple.com/kh/app/peekypad/id1519464999
Ian Tan C.K.
View Profile
New user
Singapore
1 Post

Profile of Ian Tan C.K.
Hi David!

Thank you for your interest in our app. Essentially, it's a digital impression pad designed to be a convenient alternative to your favourite peeking device. We designed this for our use in walkaround performances, as well as casual settings. The key features are outlined below Smile

Key Features:
- No internet required
- No Wifi required
- Ability to peek from your phone or your smartwatch
- Ability to customise the peek function
- Supports and peeks both drawing and typing
- Fully-functional notepad with an innocent interface
- Your audience will never suspect it is a magic app
Supports Android & IOS

Performance snippet and testimonial: https://youtu.be/DVoAYhAgjjc

Hope that this will be value-adding for both yourself and to the magic community!
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
I downloaded it... and there don't appear to be any instructions anywhere. It just looks like a notes app. It's so innocent looking I have no idea how to find the instructions, so I guess I give you credit for the claim that no one will suspect it's a magic app!

This could be cool, but not sure how a phone notes app as a peeking device makes sense *unless* you're using it with a smartwatch. If it's from your phone then won't they just assume you... looked directly at their note as you could do with any notes app?
jiangtk
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of jiangtk
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2021, no2ss wrote:
I downloaded it... and there don't appear to be any instructions anywhere. It just looks like a notes app. It's so innocent looking I have no idea how to find the instructions, so I guess I give you credit for the claim that no one will suspect it's a magic app!

This could be cool, but not sure how a phone notes app as a peeking device makes sense *unless* you're using it with a smartwatch. If it's from your phone then won't they just assume you... looked directly at their note as you could do with any notes app?

Hey! You may join the Facebook group for instructions.
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
So I joined the Facebook Group -- which had a slightly odd set of questions, but I made it through. Then the first post in the Facebook Group is a link to go to another site where it says the instructions will be. But it's not. Instead, it's another form to fill out to provide my email (and answer one of the same -- easy -- questions to join the FB group). Then you have to confirm your email address on the website. Then, finally, after your email is confirmed a password is sent, that finally takes you to the instructions!

It's your app and you can do this however you want, but it's quite a process just to figure out how the app works!

However, once I got past all the hurdles, I will note that this is pretty neat, especially at this non-price, and has some real potential! I definitely think it will work better for those wearing a smartwatch, but there are some interesting ideas even for those without. And there are some cool routining ideas that come with it. Well done!
jiangtk
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of jiangtk
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2021, no2ss wrote:
So I joined the Facebook Group -- which had a slightly odd set of questions, but I made it through. Then the first post in the Facebook Group is a link to go to another site where it says the instructions will be. But it's not. Instead, it's another form to fill out to provide my email (and answer one of the same -- easy -- questions to join the FB group). Then you have to confirm your email address on the website. Then, finally, after your email is confirmed a password is sent, that finally takes you to the instructions!

It's your app and you can do this however you want, but it's quite a process just to figure out how the app works!

However, once I got past all the hurdles, I will note that this is pretty neat, especially at this non-price, and has some real potential! I definitely think it will work better for those wearing a smartwatch, but there are some interesting ideas even for those without. And there are some cool routining ideas that come with it. Well done!

Thanks for the kind words! The odd set of questions and the tedious process is to prevent laymen from accessing it since this app is free on the app stores.
Rainson
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Rainson
Is the group still active? Haven't got any email reply nor accepted in the group?

May I know why?. If anyone has the link to go through for the instructions, please do share. Thank you in advance
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Oh was interested but sounds like a right run around,even if its free,think I will pass.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2022, Fire Starter wrote:
Oh was interested but sounds like a right run around,even if its free,think I will pass.

Don't pass, its such a great app.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Derotanim
View Profile
Regular user
UK
126 Posts

Profile of Derotanim
Doesn't seem to be available in the UK App Store
upnxrawk
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of upnxrawk
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2022, Rainson wrote:
Is the group still active? Haven't got any email reply nor accepted in the group?

May I know why?. If anyone has the link to go through for the instructions, please do share. Thank you in advance

I'd like a link to the instructions as well if possible?
Billy
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Curiosity got the better of me, and I installed the app. Still no approval for the Facebook group, but I've done 'something' within the app... I get endless notifications anytime I do anything in the app!

I can see how this could be very useful, if only I knew how it works! 🤣

I do hope to obtain instructions soon as this seems like it could be cool.

Sean
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peekypad+ app by TK Jiang & Ian Tan (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL