The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Among Us themed Card Trick! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Https://youtu.be/vWrpk4GlwD4

The handling used here is from “The Magic Dave Show EP. 1” at Penguin Magic. All I did was print these cards out myself and create a cute little effect that is fun for all ages! What do you all think? Smile
Visit my online store at http://www.obrienmagic.com/magic-shop Smile
SaltyDog
View Profile
New user
Australia
25 Posts

Profile of SaltyDog
That is great effect! I love packet tricks and whilst I'm not familiar with the subject matter, I can see how it could be applied to a multitude of themes.
May I ask what cardstock you used to print the aliens on?
Again well done.

P.S. Cute little kid,

Cheers
Salty
NWJay
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of NWJay
Wonderful, a lovely adaptation and example of how to reskin an old effect to make it more relevant for your target audience. Great stuff Michael!
danHumphrey
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Love it, well done!
Wizuriel
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Wizuriel
Nice idea. Really like the card design
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Thanks so much everyone!!!!
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Love this Michael! Very well done. And a pleasure to see you perform (as always!)
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Aww thanks !!!
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Lake Worth FL
1022 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
The cards are great! I’m not entirely convinced that the effect is strong or perhaps even understandable to a young child. I could definitely see using those cards/characters for an effect such as David Acers Little Stick Man (Cheap Labour) to better effect. I just got a feeling that the little girl, (your daughter?) didn’t immediately get the effect. As it stands right now, is more appropriate only for an older child.
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2021, Ed Oschmann wrote:
The cards are great! I’m not entirely convinced that the effect is strong or perhaps even understandable to a young child. I could definitely see using those cards/characters for an effect such as David Acers Little Stick Man (Cheap Labour) to better effect. I just got a feeling that the little girl, (your daughter?) didn’t immediately get the effect. As it stands right now, is more appropriate only for an older child.

I agree. This would be best for 10-18year old kids who are super into games like this right now. Defiantly need to pick and choose tithe audience it is for. Anyone who plays the game would enjoy it. People who never payed the game may find it interesting but not as much lol. Iono. I think taking something you already know and rethemeing it is always a good idea. This way your trick connects more with your spectators. Smile
Hybrid Hunter
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Hybrid Hunter
Oh that's super fun! I can see teenagers just stretching the routine talking about which colour is sus and definitely the imposter and jumping back and forth trying to decide!

Can I ask what your method for printing the cards is? It's something I've been struggling with for a while to get a good, clear and consistent print.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Among Us themed Card Trick! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL