The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Swallowing Sword (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fishsticks
View Profile
New user
Greensboro, NC
70 Posts

Profile of Fishsticks
Out on the market is a gaffed swallowing sword. Some of you are probably aware how it's done. I want one for a gag routine but the one being sold looks horrible! So I want to make my own. Anyone have any ideas on the construction of the blade? I have the handle, just need to make a blade that does the trick! Any help would be great!
constantine
View Profile
Regular user
Memphi, on the Mighty Muddy
189 Posts

Profile of constantine
Find a wide blade stainless steal TM.
Constatine 49%er
“The way of the transgressor is hard—to quit.”
—Jefferson Randolph “Soapy” Smith
Fishsticks
View Profile
New user
Greensboro, NC
70 Posts

Profile of Fishsticks
I don't know what that means. What is a TM?
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Fishsticks,

The sword you looked at is fine. The ad says it has a metal handle, but that color of red...well. Paint the handle black with some epoxy spray paint and where the grooves are go and get some gold trim at a fabric stoer andwrap the grooves with that. On the end where the guard is you can wrap thin leather stripping and it should look fine.

I looked at that one too and at about 7-10 ft with a black handle it should be fine, just not the way that its sold with that red paint.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Swallowing Sword (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL