The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Spectator burning hands on bill switch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Meilechl,
Shalom Chaver,

Is there anything wrong with using "woofle dust"? I think using any kind of invisible dust allows you to do many of the same things a wand is used for, i.e. steal, ditch, clean up.

Bruce
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
If people are asking you to show your hands empty, you're doing the Leirpoll Switch incorrectly, in my opinion. After you do the switch, wait until you have everyone's attention and they start to get curious about whether you're concealing another bill. Only then should you do the turnover acquitment with the bill to allow both sides of the bill to be displayed as well as allowing your hands to be seen empty. If a spectator isn't curious as to whether your hands are empty, yet, they won't remember that you showed your hands empty, in most cases.

I use an acquitment, that I devised many years ago, to show the hands empty in a natural fashion. The closer people look, the more convincing it is. Personally, I think that using a tip for the bill switch makes the handling a bit choppy. It's so much easier for me to skip the tip.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Agreed. The TT is a hindrance for sure.

With a TT you have to be very slow and precise. Without one you can just play with the moment and the handling.

Oh if we could only see Johnny Paul do it again.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
rcad
View Profile
Loyal user
St-Eustache
211 Posts

Profile of rcad
The Kozlovski switch is great as long as the switch is turned into an effect in itself. You fold and unfold.

But what if I need to switch two half bills (the other halves are held by their respective owners) for two flash paper money halves? It could make sense to fold them since I want to light them up but it would look strange to unfold them before doing so. The method I've learned from the Sankey DVDs is not practical for an invisible switch.

I'm trying to come up with my own method but since it would be a waste of time to reinvent the wheel, I will gladly listen to your suggestions.

PS: The less folding there is, the better...

Richard
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." Albert Einstein
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Marvin Roy, Mr. Electric, has now begun doing close up magic and very well I might add.

He has come up with the best idea I have seen in a long time regarding the switch and switch back.

I never liked changing a borrowed bill into something else, then changing it back.

Marvin, and THIS IS HIS OWN IDEA... borrows a bill and vanished it. It is gone.

He then takes a piece of paper, the size of a bill, folds it up and when he unfolds it it is the previously vanished bill.

Now that makes sense. There's more to his routine, but I don't want to discuss it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
I saw Marvin performing at the Castle last week.

His bill switches were exquisite.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2004-06-30 02:54, fccfp wrote:
Meilechl,
Shalom Chaver,

Is there anything wrong with using "woofle dust"? I think using any kind of invisible dust allows you to do many of the same things a wand is used for, i.e. steal, ditch, clean up.

Bruce

Yes. There is. A wand, a lighter, a magic coin, or any other "real" object gives a "real" reason for reaching for something. Unless you are one heck of an actor, the audience knows that you don't have any "woofle dust" in your pocket. Trust me on this.

Also, you don't need to call attention to the wand, the lighter, the coin, the amulet or whatever. But when you reach into your pocket for the "woofle dust," you kinda have to do that. And that makes the misdirective quality of the magical object basically non-existent.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Spectator burning hands on bill switch (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL