The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Oil and Water Boxes by Henry Evans (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Looks like a good opener. Can this be done close up?

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S31477

The effect starts when the magician shows six boxes, three standard red boxes and three standard blue ones, these ones get intercalated one by one per color, getting magically separated by colors with just a simple movement.

The magician is instantly able to show each one of the boxes.

The conditions of this effect are desirable; the boxes can be shown from every angle before and after the effect.

No techniques are required for its performance, nor even any special knowledge.

Bonus effect included:

It also includes an extra effect, where the magician asks a spectator to choose a number (free choice) between one and six, to select one of the boxes.

The non-selected ones are shown completely empty to the audience, and the only box that contains a deck, is the one chosen by the spectator.

This extra effect, allows the magician to start their performance with a clean scene and a new deck, making this product a good opener for those who enjoy doing card magic!

I'm sure magicians will like to work with it, it has an easy handling. This effect is perfectly performable in close up magic and also so visual for social media.

The product includes three standard red boxes and three standard blue boxes with their respective gimmicks, two specially sized rubber bands to boost the handling of the boxes, high quality performance video and explanation in QR format.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
It's a new release and it's already out of stock. That was quick!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
2 of the boxes have a flap. Simple.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
More like the multiplying chin trick!
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Geez lot of boxes to walk around with or just to carry in your close-up case .
Brookie2644
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Brookie2644
Fun looking trick from doing at the bar in your man cave!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2021, Brookie2644 wrote:
Fun looking trick from doing at the bar in your man cave!

Followed by your friends demanding that they inspect the boxes. No thanks.
ScarneAce
View Profile
Regular user
In a Galaxy far, far away...
150 Posts

Profile of ScarneAce
What a waste of money
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
I had the opportunity to play with this one (thanks to my friend). The 20 minutes teaching video does a good job by going into details so as to help one perform the effect smoothly and effortlessly. At the start of the effect, the effect is a BIT angel sensitive - but the performer can easily take care of the angles. IMO, with a little bit of care, angles should not be a big issue at all as all eyes are focused on the 6 decks.

I performed the effect for a couple of friends by repeating the effect 3 times (giving a little pause between the changes - to help adjust the decks) i.e. OIL >>> WATER, WATER >>> OIL & then back to OIL >>> WATER. The effect works perfectly when performed slowly and while your moves are being registered in the minds of the spectator - This simply kills. A perfect mind blowing experience for the spectators.

The gimmick is very clever and well constructed which helps perform the effect smoothly & easily. And if need be, at the end of the effect, all boxes (but for one) can be examined.

IMO, before start of a card trick, this is a good & clean preamble effect. The dirty box can have a deck of cards so as to help you begin your favorite card trick at the end of the Oil-n-Water effect. This will also help avoid scrutiny of the (one & only) dirty box.

Mr. Henry Evans has done a good job in creating the Oil-n-Water effect using card boxes. Good thinking, logic and reasoning has gone into creating the Oil-n-Water effect. I will be purchasing this effect.

Just MY 2 Cents. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Brookie2644
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Brookie2644
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2021, Ustaad wrote:
I had the opportunity to play with this one (thanks to my friend). The 20 minutes teaching video does a good job by going into details so as to help one perform the effect smoothly and effortlessly. At the start of the effect, the effect is a BIT angel sensitive - but the performer can easily take care of the angles. IMO, with a little bit of care, angles should not be a big issue at all as all eyes are focused on the 6 decks.

I performed the effect for a couple of friends by repeating the effect 3 times (giving a little pause between the changes - to help adjust the decks) i.e. OIL >>> WATER, WATER >>> OIL & then back to OIL >>> WATER. The effect works perfectly when performed slowly and while your moves are being registered in the minds of the spectator - This simply kills. A perfect mind blowing experience for the spectators.

The gimmick is very clever and well constructed which helps perform the effect smoothly & easily. And if need be, at the end of the effect, all boxes (but for one) can be examined.

IMO, before start of a card trick, this is a good & clean preamble effect. The dirty box can have a deck of cards so as to help you begin your favorite card trick at the end of the Oil-n-Water effect. This will also help avoid scrutiny of the (one & only) dirty box.

Mr. Henry Evans has done a good job in creating the Oil-n-Water effect using card boxes. Good thinking, logic and reasoning has gone into creating the Oil-n-Water effect. I will be purchasing this effect.

Just MY 2 Cents. Smile

Smile

I agree!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Oil and Water Boxes by Henry Evans (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL