The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PULL YOUR HARE OUT BY GARY SUMPTER (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tomdeg
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
PULL YOUR HARE OUT BY GARY SUMPTER

This is a fantastically visual piece of magic, great for adults and especially good for kids.

You draw a picture of a magic wand and a top hat with a rabbit in on the back of a card.

You show the picture to the child and ask what it is, they will say a rabbit, hat and wand. You comment that your drawing skills aren't very good and that you wish you could make the rabbit look a little more lifelike.

You have an idea, maybe if you both say a magic word, the rabbit will look more real.

The magic word is shouted and instantly, visually and amazingly, the black rabbit drawing changes to a full colour white rabbit.

This is SO visual as you can see in the video. This alone is enough to amaze anyone.

You then say, if we use a bit more magic, we may be able to do something amazing.

The rabbit is then slowly pulled out of the magic hat and handed to the child to keep. You have brought the drawing to life!

This souvenir makes the effect SO strong.

This is such a cool effect to perform for kids. Many working magicians will perform effects like Anniversary Waltz, which leaves adults with a souvenir, however there aren't many effects that leave kids with something magical to keep.

Please note: You are not paying for a flimsy gimmick that will break straight away. Nor are you paying for an arts and crafts project.

You will receive the gimmick, fully made and ready to use with easy to follow video instructions.

We are all about adding value to our products and ensuring that they are workable.

You will also receive 20 giveaway rabbits, more are available as inexpensive refill packs.

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/pull-your-har......dio.html
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Ok for kidz, not sure I’d use it for adults though.
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
How quick is the reset for table hopping?
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 30, 2021, Barry Gitelson wrote:
How quick is the reset for table hopping?

I see what you did there. Smile
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Cool effect. Though I wonder if you can draw the scene on their card so you can DL after the effect and have them keep their signed card with the drawing on it?
Check out Bafflingbob.com
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On May 30, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Ok for kidz, not sure I’d use it for adults though.

I have found that "kids" effects can play REALLY BIG for adults. I can respect that it may not work for your character, but I really enjoy making something "silly" play big and fun for adults.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On May 30, 2021, RNK wrote:
Cool effect. Though I wonder if you can draw the scene on their card so you can DL after the effect and have them keep their signed card with the drawing on it?

Of course you can hand out "the card" as a souvenir.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 30, 2021, 1KJ wrote:
Quote:

They don’t mention anything about extra cards being available. Do you think the discrepancy of the back design will be an issue?

Personally, that scene is beyond my artistic skills to draw quickly and have it even be anything close to the supplied drawing. I have enough trouble with Little Door. So that would be a no for me.
Brookie2644
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Brookie2644
Quote:
On May 31, 2021, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On May 30, 2021, 1KJ wrote:
Quote:

They don’t mention anything about extra cards being available. Do you think the discrepancy of the back design will be an issue?

Personally, that scene is beyond my artistic skills to draw quickly and have it even be anything close to the supplied drawing. I have enough trouble with Little Door. So that would be a no for me.

Haha, I'm in the same boat as you!!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
OK, fair enough. I guess I was assuming you could draw a duplicate. You could use old fashioned tracing paper and carbon copy paper to make the drawings.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
In advance, of course. I don't think it would be a good idea to break out tracing paper and carbon copy paper in performance.... or would it? Ummmmmmm.... no.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
They ought to sell refills of the printed cards along with the bunnies.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Nice effect but what back design is that? Why not make it on a bike back or at least a Phoenix. Otherwise how are you supposed to bring it in from a deck in use. Seems like a big miss.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On May 31, 2021, emyers99 wrote:
Nice effect but what back design is that? Why not make it on a bike back or at least a Phoenix. Otherwise how are you supposed to bring it in from a deck in use. Seems like a big miss.

Ah, good catch Eric! I missed that. Definitely not good....bummer...
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On May 31, 2021, 1KJ wrote:
OK, fair enough. I guess I was assuming you could draw a duplicate. You could use old fashioned tracing paper and carbon copy paper to make the drawings.

You could have them pre-drawn and dribble force the card, using the top half of the dribble of course. Then act like your drawing it. But yeah, still would be difficult to pull off trying to "draw" that scene in a fast enough manner.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I wish the back design didn't have the large white areas in the middle but honestly only magicians pay any attention to back designs.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PULL YOUR HARE OUT BY GARY SUMPTER (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL