The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ALIBI by Kaan Akdogan and Mark Mason (A mystery box that's not a box AND is always with you!) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
Yes! A mystery box that is NOT a box...is in view at all times...and ALWAYS with you.
Mark Mason does it again!

Imagine a prop that goes EVERYWHERE your mobile phone goes...and a gimmick that looks NOTHING like the gimmick so it can sit in FULL view...but it's NEVER seen.

A spectator signs a random card that gets lost in the deck. Miraculously hanging from your phone credit card holder is a card. The SPECTATOR unfolds the card and it is their SIGNED card!

Red:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=69553

Blue:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=69555

BONUS: Includes Mark's ambitious card routine and a super easy card fold.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Very clever idea! No longer necessary to carry a box. I like!
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2021, todsky wrote:
Very clever idea! No longer necessary to carry a box. I like!

Agree! Unless it's the BOA BOX! LOL!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
langston3711
View Profile
Loyal user
Cumming, GA
218 Posts

Profile of langston3711
I would like to know how durable it is. I'm concerned it could get wrecked in your pocket. Can we keep additional cards in the holder behind the gimmick or in front of the gimmick when it's not in use to protect it? Also, does it contain elastics that could break or magnets that can wipe a credit card that is next to it?
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Kind of a stretch to call this a mystery box... Much more of a card under phone.
BernieSantos
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of BernieSantos
This reminds me of Cell by David Stone, which I used to love.
jamo425
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of jamo425
Anyone know if this can be used with a "book style" phone case? Or a phone wallet as some are called.

Mine already has a few slots in them so I was wondering if the gimmick could be applied to that, or if the attachable pocket and the gimmick is all self contained. I'm guessing it is all self contained and you'd need to use what they give you. But if you can apply this to a different case that would be awesome.
Timbo399
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Timbo399
I received my red Alibi gimmick yesterday. Overall I am glad I got this. I have Mystery Box, Clarity Box, Mint Box, etc-- this is great because I don't have to carry a strange looking box around with me everywhere I go. The gimmick seems well made and should last. It works exactly how you'd think something like this would. One part I really like is -- if I wanted to switch to a Blue gimmick-- I could do it in a matter of seconds-- Although I would have to actually buy the Blue Alibi separately. -- But don't have to take apart your phone case or anything to switch out between blue/red. Nice little switching tool.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
To switch from red to blue I would think you could just cut a matching corner from a blue backed card and use some repositionable glue or tape on the face of the new corner to attach it. Even better would be if you split the card before cutting the corner.

That is usually undetectable and works fine with these types of gimmicks, but I don’t own this so merely speculating.
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Any other review?
I'm surprised that no one has reviewed this gimmick on YouTube yet, especially when the trick looks promising like this.
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Guarantee that after repeatedly pulling your phone out of pocket, the gimmick would look tatty. Looks too finicky- much better 'boxless' mystery boxe-type effects out there.
LankyHobo
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2021, Fatgumbo wrote:
Guarantee that after repeatedly pulling your phone out of pocket, the gimmick would look tatty. Looks too finicky- much better 'boxless' mystery boxe-type effects out there.

When not in use the gimmick can be pushed inside the holder to protect it. It's also not finicky at all. You're closing the gimmick as you reach for it and it looks exactly as it would if you were really pulling out a card.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ALIBI by Kaan Akdogan and Mark Mason (A mystery box that's not a box AND is always with you!) (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL