The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Matrix Revolution by Mickael Chatelain (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
360, both red and blue versions. I already have two versions of Revolution.
garymey
View Profile
New user
gary meyer
28 Posts

Profile of garymey
I would love to see a video of this. Sounds like a very creative routine. I love animation and do movie themed routines.

Gary[

quote]On Jul 24, 2021, Gipstein wrote:
My routine for Matrix Art: I have them pick a RED card. I punch holes in the corners after they sign the face. I pick up a 5x7 postcard that shows Wiley Coyote and ACME Portable holes. As I talk about it, I casually bring my hands together. I have made the postcard with a pocket that holds the Matrix card, which I slip on to the top of the deck when my hands come together. A little thumb-notch makes this easy and is easily covered as I handle the postcard. I separate my hands and then pick off the top (Matrix Art gaff card) as I turn the deck with their chosen hole-punched card and put it down face up, their card now on the bottom. I do the Matrix Art effects while talking about portable holes. At the end, I pick up the deck and flip it as I put the gaff card on top. I remind them they could have picked any card. I do a double lift and flip the card(s) to show the face signed, peel of their signed, hole-punched card and hand it to them as I again flip the deck face up (hiding the gaff) as I put it away. All the attention is on their signed, holed card that just did something amazing. I let them keep it. If you want, you can also force the initial selection so you cab replace the card they chose with one from a deck of all Kings or 3s or whatever so your deck is again full. I have done this as a parlor effect and it played well. I can follow it by "taking" another hole off the Wiley postcard, putting it on a table, and then doing coins through table. By using the Portable Hole card in a few effects, I get people used to it so it doesn't seem suspicious. The Portable Hole card is easy to make by partially taping 2 5x7 cards together to create a pocket to hold the gaff card. Once you have introduced the idea of portable holes, you can use it for any number of effects., either in sequence or peppered throughout a show. I made the graphic of Wiley & ACEM holes in photoshop. Very colorful and attention-getting. [/quote]
TomWay
View Profile
New user
Newark, Delaware
11 Posts

Profile of TomWay
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2021, SoloDoubleAct wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2021, emyers99 wrote:
If you think this gimmick looks amazing, you should see what it looks like after going through the washing machine. Equally impressive…in a bad way.

That is horrifying! I have the previous version and love to perform it AND just admire the insanity of it haha, but my biggest complaint is how much it needs to be babied because lord knows I couldn't repair it. I imagine this version is equally complicated.

Definitely for parlor where you can safely transport, ring in, and return; imo!

I guess that's one way to end clean!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Matrix Revolution by Mickael Chatelain (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL