The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » New PROline Suspended (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MrBadGuy
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of MrBadGuy
I see that Steven's Magic Emporium is carrying a new version of PROline's Suspended. The video of it looks really good! I've always liked the Zaney Blaney Ladder Levitation, but the price was way too high for me to justify. But to me this new version of PROline's Suspended looks just as good for a fraction of the cost and it comes with the hoop. Ok, so it doesn't use "ordinary" step ladders, but I'm ok with that. What do you all think of it? Has anyone purchased this new model? Here is the link for it on Steven's site:

https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/suspended-proline/
amazingvijay
View Profile
Loyal user
N. California Bay Area
230 Posts

Profile of amazingvijay
This does look good. I just wish you could pull one of the supports further away from the board. It would enhance the illusion a lot. In any case, if anyone has purchased this, I would love to hear about about your experiences with it.

Vijay
N California Bay Area magician
http://www.amazingvijay.com
MrBadGuy
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of MrBadGuy
Vijay,

Yeah, with the Blaney Ladder Levi, the second ladder is completely removed and the first is removed but still close to the board. Great illusion. But with this new version of PROline Suspended, I'm not sure if one of the supports can be removed completely as in the Blaney Ladder Levi. The demo video seems to show that both supports are the same distance from the board at all times. Not great, but it's also a fraction of the price of the Blaney Ladder Levi.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2021, MrBadGuy wrote:
The demo video seems to show that both supports are the same distance from the board at all times.

I think that is just poor presentation in the demo video. I would imagine the second support can be moved further back and to the side if desired. ( but I would confirm that with the maker)
I agree arranging the supports symmetrically just draws unnecessary attention to the method. Jack Gwynne’s original presentation (which is what inspired Blaney) used the second support as a subtle misdirection.
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
With most suspensions, the supports can be removed entirely once the magician is standing in the appropriate position. Many performances I've seen of a super-x type suspension have not done that and I've never really understood why. Super-X can look quite incredible if performed that way.
khettin2
View Profile
New user
Staunton, VA USA
5 Posts

Profile of khettin2
I have had this on order from Steven's since late September. Still have not received it, but when, and if, I do get it, I will be able to answer the questions.
NEKKODDD
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of NEKKODDD
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2021, khettin2 wrote:
I have had this on order from Steven's since late September. Still have not received it, but when, and if, I do get it, I will be able to answer the questions.

Any update on the suspension? Thanks
amazingvijay
View Profile
Loyal user
N. California Bay Area
230 Posts

Profile of amazingvijay
I see this is being sold again by Stevens Magic - does anyone have this?

Vijay
N California Bay Area magician
http://www.amazingvijay.com
henry1202
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of henry1202
I used to have NPK suspension and then I upgraded it to this new proline suspension. It is much better than NPK.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » New PROline Suspended (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL