The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Invisible Deck (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mightytimbo
View Profile
New user
Franklin Park, NJ
49 Posts

Profile of mightytimbo
I just bought an invisible deck. I hadn't really messed around with one before. The version I got seems particularly difficult to slide the cards apart. This is of course good for, well keeping the cards together, but when it comes to the reveal it's incredibly challenging. I guess my question is, for those of you who have worked with an invisible deck before, is this common? (i.e. is there just a trick to separating the cards a little more smoothly? if so, tips please!) or did I end up with a deck that was extra "Sticky".
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Most newbie's tend to apply too much pressure on the cards. Try just sliding the cards without applying pressure. They should separate very easily
Where the magic begins
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Also, take the pairs apart and put them together a few times. The move does require some practice, but it is so worth it.

Patrick
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Mightytimbo

PLUS some Invisible Decks are gimmicked a little differently from the old "standard" ones. I'd suggest you contact the dealer from whom you purchased your deck for clarification as to which type you have.

Julie
jamieguitar
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of jamieguitar
I've had the same issues with IDs and tried the suggestions here. Then I bought Card-Shark's ID made with Science Friction and this is a completely different experience than the normal r/s. It's really quite remarkable and I'll never use a regular r/s again.
Smile
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2021, jamieguitar wrote:
I've had the same issues with IDs and tried the suggestions here. Then I bought Card-Shark's ID made with Science Friction and this is a completely different experience than the normal r/s. It's really quite remarkable and I'll never use a regular r/s again.
Smile

I agree. You need to try SF to appreciate how differently it handles from R&S.
Andrew Aspen
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Andrew Aspen
You can also buy a roughing stick to make the cards stick together. I do that with my old IDs to refresh them.
Andrew Aspen
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Andrew Aspen
To be fair some come more sticky than others. I have found that the ones from Penguin https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1645 are the strongest if that is what you are looking for.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Invisible Deck (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL