The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deck the Halls » » Madison Strangers (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The_March_Hare
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of The_March_Hare
I am posting this as a question about if anyone who preordered, has received their Madison Strangers playing cards? I don't want to have to discuss this publicly but I ordered four signed decks from Daniel that were supposed to have been mailed in June and a brick of Madison Strangers that were supposed to be shipped in early July.

Unfortunately the only thing that I have received is a single signed deck. I have been emailing Daniel for for over 3 weeks and have yet to receive a single email back. This has me worried because I put a lot of money on the line for these playing cards and to support his business. And the past all of my interactions with him were flawless with this us but this one has me worried.

Anyone else can share any information on this it's much appreciated.

Sincerely,
The March Hare
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
700 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Similar situation, mate. I've ordered a number of decks from Madison this year and nothing has turned up. Not even the ones that are marked as 'shipped' on his website. I've emailed him repeatedly over a few months and he's never had the basic decency to respond. I read too late that he has a reputation for screwing people over like this. He's either a terrible business person or a very dishonest one. The whole thing seems like a scame to support his ego-driven YouTube channel, which I assume is where he makes most of his money.

Needless to say, I won't buy a thing from this guy again.

The best thing to do is contact your credit card company and apply for a refund. And then spread the word that this guy shouldn't be trusted (I mean, I know he's 'deception artist' - I just didn't think it was people who put their hard-earned money into supporting him that he was out to deceive).
dkelten
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of dkelten
I didn't order anyhting this year from him, but I've never not gotten cards that I had ordered in the past, maybe I'm the odd one out but everything I've ordered has arrived, just not as quickly as other things.
The_March_Hare
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

I did receive the madison strangers but they were carelessly thrown into a padded envelope and some were damaged when they arrived. The signed decks that I ordered never turned up. I recently got a wild hair and decided to order some more decks from him that were supposed to ship in November, it's the end of December and nothing has made it to my doorstep so far. I've emailed over 20 times, three different email addresses and not one response yet
The_March_Hare
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

After over 30 emails and no responses... I took to Instagram to try to contact Daniel about the playing cards that never arrived. He has since blocked me. I actually liked the black strangers design in spite of the tuck cases being damaged, which is why I took the risk on ordering the flourishes. The flourishes were supposed to have shipped in November... it is now February and I haven't received them. I haven't received any returned email responses and no updates are posted at his website. Another disgruntled customer of his told me that it felt like Daniel took our money and ran... the signed decks that I ordered last April never turned up.

Daniel, I hope that you enjoyed this last $300 because that will be the last time that I ever support your playing cards. Even if the playing cards did come next month, I won't purchase again. The reason being is that he hasn't the slightest respect for his customers... people who invested in his art so he doesn't have to work a normal job like they had to...
Alexander2701
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Alexander2701
I wanted to order these cards, as I understand it, they never came to you? Not worth the risk?
The_March_Hare
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

I ordered the signed chatau decks (4 of them) and only two arrived.

I ordered a brick (12) of the black strangers, and they eventually arrived but the boxes were damaged due to being carelessly thrown into the padded envelope.

I ordered several of the stangers flourishes design in November. He said that they would ship that month and they never arrived. His latest update is from December and it says "orders being fulfilled".

I have been emailed three different email addresses that he has listed and I have only ever received an automated response that reads,

"FANK for your email!
We’re mad busy right now but hold tight, we’ll be back in touch asaswp!

For all shipping updates, please visit: http://MADISON.yt/NEWS

FANX!"

On his website he has no shipping updates that pertains to my orders.

Daniel said in one of his videos that he can't keep up with the orders but yet, he keeps sending emails marketing new decks. It's incredibly tacky to send out advertisements for new decks when the last 5 decks haven't even reached the customers yet... And those customers haven't even received a response about their missing orders.

There were other Customers who told me in emails that they had the same experience and I used to see their responses on his Instagram account but now he has scrubbed those Instagram accounts of any mention of customers not receiving their products.

I do not think it's worth the risk and don't say that I didn't warn you. After not receiving those signdecks and taking forever to get me the strangers in black I should never have ordered the flourishes. Also he does not use PayPal so you can't make a complaint through PayPal or any other company.
disbelief
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of disbelief
I have not ordered the strangers but any order I have placed in the past has shown up eventually
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
I'd stay far away from buying from Madison. Just read some of the horror stories at these links:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ChrisRamsay52/c......htj6yxl/
disbelief
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of disbelief
I once had two decks of Madison cards randomly show up from him that I don't ever remember ordering.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deck the Halls » » Madison Strangers (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL