The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » How do you turn people you've only just met, into RAVING fans (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
702 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
How do you turn people you've only just met, into RAVING fans of yours?

I recently came across an article or at least I thought it was going to be an article, but it turned out to be a question, and the person writing also wanted those that read it to reply with their answer. This has been a question that has been pondering me for a long time.

As a mentalist, I do use business cards in my close-up entertainment but you can't just give them out, for no reason. But I still would like to attract people to get in touch for future gigs.

So I thought I would put this question out to the membership.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Framklin
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Leave them wanting more of……

And not just wanting to see more tricks, but wanting to see more of YOU.

Tom
Vandecarr
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Vandecarr
I'm sure you're going to get a lot of opinions shortly, so I'll share mine.

Business cards, facebook pages, websites, tricks, routines, etc. They do not turn people into raving fans.

I believe that what people want more than anything is attention, love, respect and to know you care about them.

I'm not sure if that's something that can be taught or if it's something that you're born with. Someone more knowledgable than me can answer that part.

I can and have achieved what you are asking about, but I don't know HOW I do it... It just happens... Let me give a quick example!

I wanted to work in what may be one of the toughest tourist towns in Missouri, to get into. Everybody I know who has tried to work in this tourist town has left broke and with their head down.

I was told by a lot of people that it was darn near impossible to make it work without knowing somebody and having an "in"!

BUT... with a little creativity, confidence and ignoring the nay-sayers, I made it happen with a single 5 minute phone call and landed a 10+ year deal. Then, not only have I over delivered on all of my promises, but I exceeded well beyond anything I ever imagined to begin with. I'm working with a billionaire family now and helping them profit from what I do.

Not only that, but I have taken steps to make sure I am helping other people who work for these folks, too. I really do love them, I care about them, I respect them, and I give them my undivided attention.

I didn't do this with social media or the internet in general... I STOPPED using those tools all-together for business because it's not needed.

This is something that I've heard preached over and over by Danny Doyle and MindPro. I never fully understood it until I tried thousands of different ways to make it work and every attempt failed except for one.... And that one thing made all the difference in the world...

What this has done is it changed my entire perspective on business (what most people teach in their over priced courses is mostly garbage). It changed my perspective on life, how I treat people and my income has increased significantly to a place it has never been before.

I'm not bragging! These successes are what I was after, so what may come across as bragging is really confirmation that what you are asking is very, very possible... but to get it, you have to take chances to learn it because it's not something taught in some magic course.

It comes after you've exhausted every other option. It may take you a week, or in my case, 25 years!
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
702 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
Thank you Vandecarr, you have certainly given me a lot of food for thought.
snm
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of snm
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2021, Vandecarr wrote:

BUT... with a little creativity, confidence and ignoring the nay-sayers, I made it happen with a single 5 minute phone call and landed a 10+ year deal.

Details, please?
AnthonyCC
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of AnthonyCC
I always try and work in a pitch before the climax of my strolling routines, I usually present it right before I reveal what a person is thinking. I say," I am about to tell you what you are thinking but there is someone else here with something on their mind... you sir, I know exactly what is on your mind.. and the answer is YES, I am available for your next party, wedding, or corporate event!" I pull out a pull out banner from my jacket with all of those things listed. This would be after wowing them with a previous trick, that way they like me by then and have a good idea of my sense of humor. It always gets a huge laugh and everyone insisting on a card. Hope that helps!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I would suggest not begging.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » How do you turn people you've only just met, into RAVING fans (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL