The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring on string (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
davidmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Lubbock, TX, USA
340 Posts

Profile of davidmagic
I can't believe no one has mentioned Dan Fleshman's great ring and string routine. Simple, straightforward, and used for many many years by Dan in his restaraunt work. It is available from him in a small book or is on his new dvd.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Good point David. I used Dan Fleshman's routine for years. I modified some moves and streamlined the routine a bit then added my kick-butt signature ending...which I won't leak Smile
Overall, Dan gives a VERY visual routine that is not too complex in plot or handling.
I think that a R&S routine should be fairly brief making every move as magical as possible. If drawn out too long, as with most effects, it can get downright redundant and boring.
Take care,
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I would put a vote in for Ring Leader by Gregory Wilson
Rickster
View Profile
New user
mcallen ,Tx
14 Posts

Profile of Rickster
Bob Miller would be a safe bet. It has quite a few moves , but that is what a routine is about.
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
A nice idea will be to do "Mercuring" and then continue with the ring and string routine. http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=972
Eran
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Al Schneider also has a couple of good ring on string/ring on pencil items on his DVD series.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
I too agree with Chance and David that Danny Fleshman's routine is worth a look. It's not complicated but visually very stunning. Short and too the point and if you want to take it further, he'll throw in the ring flight routine also with it.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
There are so many routines to mention but I will throw in a simple but super routine by Rich Marrotta, can not remember which of his three DVDs it is on. I actually learnt it from one of his Tapes, that's how long I've been doing it.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Vinny Marini has a wonderful take on this classic. Dan Garret and Jay Scott Berry (ribbon) have great routines too.

Peace,

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1545 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I didn't see any mention of it, but my favorite handling of the R&S is Max Howard's "Madamme Victoire". It is a lovely mix of Dan Garrett's routine and storytelling that I never seem to get enough of.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring on string (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL