The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » If you had….. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NateTheGreat
View Profile
New user
Leesburg Florida
18 Posts

Profile of NateTheGreat
If you had say $100 would you invest in SAM, IBM, magic books, magic tricks/videos?

I have a full time job, and it is my career. I am 38 years old and picked back up magic again. I am hoping to learn enough for a routine that I can perform online for free, or record and post online.

What would you do with that money if you were me.
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1033 Posts

Profile of Ado
I don't know SAM, but I'd invest in the IBM.
You'll get access to all past issues of the Linking Ring, and there's a loooot of material. Decades of published material, routines, tricks, moves, pieces of advice.
You'll get access to Card College Light, if I remember correctly.
You'll get an entry-level access to Ask Alexander.
You'll get access to your local I.B.M. for another 15-30 bucks depending on where you live.

Cheers,

P!
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1040 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Nate, you didn't say how experienced you were, only that you were returning back to magic. That would be helpful to know.

The good news is that the Lake County library system is stacked with good magic books and DVDs. So you have a great amount of material just sitting there for FREE! With those and some basic items like bicycle playing cards, magician's rope, sponge balls, silks, half dollars, and a closeup pad you will be well on your way. That would be less than $30.

But you need practice and feedback. That is one area where joining an IBM Ring or SAM assembly shines. You gain access to the people who can help you put together and polish the act. Ring 258 seems to be close by. You can give them a call and ask if you can attend next meeting as a guest to check it out: https://www.magician.org/about/local-ibm-rings?state=Florida.

As Ado points out, by becoming a member you will also gain access to IBM exclusive material including the linking ring magazine archive and all new issues. Also, there are now over 50 lectures available to members from top notch talent. If a dollar value had to be put on that, it would be in the thousands.

Good luck and welcome back!
MagicByVincent
View Profile
Veteran user
Staten Island, New York
329 Posts

Profile of MagicByVincent
Sorry to jump in but I'm a member how do I access those lectures? and card college lite?
Smile Smile Smile Magic is all around us we just have to be willing to see it.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1040 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2021, MagicVin wrote:
Sorry to jump in but I'm a member how do I access those lectures? and card college lite?

Go to magician.org and click on "my account" at top page. After logging in you will see:

1. Under "special announcements" the "Free download of Roberto Giobbi's Introduction to Card Magic!"
2. In menu on right under "DASHBOARD MEMBER NAVIGATION", you will see the links to "View Current Issues of The Linking Ring" and "Access the Archives at Ask Alexander".
3. For the lecture videos, type "jam" into "site search" bar at top of page. Then click "PAGE: JAM videos" in the search results.
4. For the "Build Your Magic Show" course, click "resources" at top of page then "Videos and Magic".

Whew!
MagicByVincent
View Profile
Veteran user
Staten Island, New York
329 Posts

Thanks so much for the detailed & quick response.
MagicByVincent
View Profile
Veteran user
Staten Island, New York
329 Posts

Unfortunately the link for the build you magic show is no longer working but thanks for letting me know about the lectures !
NateTheGreat
View Profile
New user
Leesburg Florida
18 Posts

Profile of NateTheGreat
I joined the IBM, and waiting to join my local chapter as I have to go through the process.
MagicByVincent
View Profile
Veteran user
Staten Island, New York
329 Posts

Congratulations, I only found out about the ibm lectures from this post so I have been enjoying them this week
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » If you had….. (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL