The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Pom-pom poles patter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Quote:
On 2004-07-01 00:56, Pete Biro wrote:
Blatant plug.

Pun intended?

I agree with the above; didn't seem much point doing the standard patter with the restyled effect but then again it's just a demo, I suppose, and not up to the seller to rewrite.

There's definitely some tap puns there for the UKers. Faucets not so good for the wordplay.

Actually, just thought of one; Pull the plunger gently, don't faucet.

George.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2004, hugmagic wrote:
I have used Hank Moorehouse's premise that was published in MUM many years ago. It is a "Nothing machine."

I believe that the late Hank "borrowed" the concept of "nothing machine" from my old pal, the late Roy Kissell, who used a balloon/spike tube and called it a "Nothing Grinder". Roy brought the routine out about 1964. I saw him do it at Abbott's Get Together, then.

I liked the premise of the "nothing machine" but, didn't care for the balloon/spike bit. I filed the "nothing" idea in my memory bank. When Histed's pom pon prop came out, Hank used the idea of "nothing machine", but, did it as a "throwaway". His idea had no FINISH!

I spent a week or two, playing with the prop, and Roy's idea.

I ended up with a cute, and funny two minutes, that starts slow, gets funnier, and finishes nicely, with a laugh and applause. I've used it since 1985 in my high school program, and, also for adults. I published it in my "Dick Oslund --Road Scholar" book. (Note: the routine was inadvertently left out of the first edition, but it was added to the second edition. --The first edition has some TYPOS, like KIS MIT --which should be KISMIF!)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Pom-pom poles patter (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL