The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Phone to impossible location? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Nathan Magic
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of David Nathan Magic
Hey friends!

I'm working on an idea for a parlour show I'm working on. I'm going to be doing a run of free shows in my studios for audiences of about 10 people (so very intimate).
The effect generally goes like this: I ask someone up on "stage", and ask them if they have their phone or wallet on them. If so, I borrow either their phone or a driver's license.
The phone or driver's license goes into an envelope and it vanishes/gets destroyed. I then ask them to go back and bring their chair up on stage. I turn it with the bottom towards the audience and there's an envelope taped to the bottom.
The spectator gets to remove the envelope from the chair, remove the tape and open it up; their phone/driver's license is inside.

I'm playing with a few methods for first retrieving the borrowed object, but I haven't figured out a clean method of loading it into the envelope yet. I could put a dummy inside and switch it when I take the envelope off the chair, but ideally I'd like to have them handle the envelope completely on their own, as that is the cleanest effect.
Is there anyone here who would be open to brainstorming ideas on the method for this?

Thanks in advance!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There was a method to cause a cell phone to number 10 envelope published a magic magazine some years back. It was a close-up trick so it could be used for stand-up as well. I mentioned it here on the Café back then.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Okay, I just spent 2 hours looking for my previous post, and a member was kind enough to give where to find it.

"The cell phone production from a folded envelope referenced above is by David Acer from the November 2006 Genii. It was also published in Acer's book More Power To You."

If you get Genii Magazine, then all past issues are available to subscribers in PDF format. If not you will have to subscribe to the magazine.

Here you go, I think it will work for your idea.

Read this whole topic: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......667926#3
David Nathan Magic
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of David Nathan Magic
Amazing Bill, thank you so much for your help!!
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Wack-o-Magic has a version of this where the phone appears in a FED-EX box... that is very clean . it's called Whats in the Box.

Look at their website for a video and reviews...

www.wack-o-magic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Phone to impossible location? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL