The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Frame For Sub Trunk Cloth (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
I have to redo the cloth & frame of my sub trunk. While I’m at it, I may redesign the frame of the cloth used with the sub trunk. The cloth needs to cover the front and both sides of the trunk. Any suggestions for materials, or shape, or possible handles built into the design. My last design was built with copper tubing. It was rectangular, and had curved corners, and three sides. It had a T joint on both sides, where I attached two curved removable handles that came toward the center of the trunk & down. It also had a connector in the center of the bar that I could disconnect for storing, the the entire thing is quite large. Any different / better ideas? What are most of these bars made out of?
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Go to Google and put in Ozark Trail 4 X 6 foot Canopy. I have one and they fold down quickly and are compact. Change the covering of course.
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
I did the google search, but I’m not following how these canopy frames will work. I love the idea of using some type of camping product, with bungee cord inside fiberglass poles. That would be awesome, but maybe I’m looking at the wrong product. Can you provide a link, or more description of how to use it?
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Wheels are put on the bottom of the legs so it can move into position and drapes are added to the sides for cover. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-4......21877177
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Thanks for the direction. I like the idea of tent frame parts. The hollow aluminum legs that click together. Very light. If I could find 4 legs that click together in the shape of a rectangle, that would be an improvement over my last design. I’ll keep exploring that. Thanks. Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
I understand you were thinking of something different than the 4 X 6 canopy. It is something to think about maybe for other Illusions. I could have used one when I was doing my Aga Levitation to hide certain elements of the illusion in the early 70's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Frame For Sub Trunk Cloth (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL