The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Performing (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SilverBillet
View Profile
New user
Dorset, England
7 Posts

Profile of SilverBillet
Hello all,

I am just curious to know if anyone could offer me some advice on how to start performing? I really am at a loss as to how to get going. I’m talking about performing on a stage by the way, where do you even begin to start?

Thank you all in advance for any help and advice you can offer

- Silver
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
How long have YOU been doing Magic ?? Any experience with Stage Magic ?? If NO Experience - GIVE Shows at a few Place that can't afford $$-SEE if you CAN Entertain - You didn't say if you had any/or what experience you do have. Your an ARTIST - What Kind? My experience, Parlor/Stage/ Touring - in Magic 70 of my 84 years. Semi-retired last 4 years - but as also an artist, have been Illustrating / Writing Stories of Grandchildren for Grandparents - etc. All I can really say is, DO What YOU Know How to do. Best to you Ralph ROUSSEAU< (Russo)
SilverBillet
View Profile
New user
Dorset, England
7 Posts

Profile of SilverBillet
Hi Russo, I appreciate your quick reply, I’ve been studying magic and Mentalism for the last few years, usually given a small crowd, say for example a party, I feel confident that I can entertain, what’s more is that it feels right, I’ve not felt a feeling quite like it, it’s all consuming. Mostly I am looking to take things up a level but I am willing to admit I don’t know how. If I can be completely honest here and put myself at your mercy, short of calling a club and asking “do you want a magician” I don’t know how to go about things, although as you say, maybe simply calling around might be a decent starting off point
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3515 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
There is a forum thread you may want to visit... Tricky Business.
Be open minded with the answers and advice offered there. Sometimes the answers are not what we want to hear, yet they are given from backgrounds of years of experience and are shared to educate and direct you in the right directions.
SilverBillet
View Profile
New user
Dorset, England
7 Posts

Profile of SilverBillet
Much appreciated Wravyn
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Performing (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL