The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » We had a busker at Walmart! (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I am a cashier at a Walmart in Cranston, RI.

Some days, I monitor "self checkout."

Last Thursday, a customer comes up to me and says;

"You've got a crack head outside, singing and begging for money!"

"What?"

"Yeah, I think he's doing Sinatra now! He can barely stand."

I'm picturing us having to call in the police and go out to look.

There's a guy, clearly a stereotypical "hippie type." with a mandolin, and a guitar on racks, playing a violin with a sound system.

No way this guy "can barely stand" or appears to be a "crackhead!"

He's actually very good. But he IS on Walmart property, and I had to tell the manager.

She went out and talked to him. He stayed for about a hour or two more, then left.

Pity, he WAS very good.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
The violin with a sound system is a somewhat popular newer scam of sorts.. where the performer is not actually playing, just pretending to play… as an MP3 player plays the music through the speaker.

I’m not saying this is what he was doing.. but it is common as of recent.
Shawn.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Just before we left Washington state there was busker who was setting up grocery store Parking lots with an accordion. Was loud enough the didn’t need amplifier.

Folks heard it walking to and from store and then as you drove out, you went by him. Looked liked decent amounts in is hat..
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Possible 'Elvis sighting'?

Hopefully you grabbed an autograph Ed!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2021, gallagher wrote:
Possible 'Elvis sighting'?

Hopefully you grabbed an autograph Ed!

Didn't look anything like Elvis, and I was on the clock. I only went out to see if he was actually "harassing" the customers (he wasn't) and, sadly, to tell management he was there.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Elvis... He lives across the street from me. Mind you, he does not like to be called Elvis, he prefers his name, Sherman Arnold. Go ahead and Google him... At about 80 years old and still rocken as Elvis and also Roy Orbison.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
You live in Erie, Indiana?
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
No, he is now in Michigan
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thank you guys for mentioning Sherman. I wasn't aware of him, that I recall, so I took a look around. I like him. Smile I don't follow tribute artists much, but I have an understanding of where they're coming from, I think, and I appreciate what I've seen and heard here. He hits some marks, for sure. Nice interpreter.

"I'm caught in a trap."

"I can't get up."

Smile

Nice work.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » We had a busker at Walmart! (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL