The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Henry Harrius Presents: TOTEM by Alex Ng (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
tommy ng
View Profile
Veteran user
USA,Oregon
387 Posts

Profile of tommy ng
I love TOTEM. is a easy to carry, pick small any play big, easy to have a 5-10 minutes routine in my pocket.
Magic__Ian
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Magic__Ian
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2021, dirtyfoucault wrote: The actual Which Hand method is great

Could you explain how it differs from Colin Cloud's ideas for this?
mycoun
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of mycoun
I've have now performed Totem approx. 20 times. I developed key words not in the demo or the provided script to guide my spectator to name the city, flower, and painting. My key words work for me here in the Midwest United States. I have to be gentle because not all spectators know names of cities in Europe or names of famous paintings (this surprised me during my first few performances)and I don't want them to feel embarrassed. Also, I added an additional number/card out in a sneaky way on the foil. I love it! I move quickly through the questions I ask the spectator. I do say that I'm thinking the..., the coin must be in your... hand. But I don't play up the idea of me doing any mind reading. I keep it very casual. The end is so strong because I emphasize that THEY made many choices all along the way. Then I say, but look ... it really isn't a gold coin or chocolate, its a poker chip... etc. I make them feel like they did it and that they're really "on" today... wow for them!!! Sometimes I might end with "this must be your day! Do you buy lottery tickets? You might want to stop on the way home and pick one up." BTW I do bar magic multiple times per week -- hence my audience are mostly adults.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2023 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2021, mycoun wrote:
I've have now performed Totem approx. 20 times. I developed key words not in the demo or the provided script to guide my spectator to name the city, flower, and painting. My key words work for me here in the Midwest United States. I have to be gentle because not all spectators know names of cities in Europe or names of famous paintings (this surprised me during my first few performances)and I don't want them to feel embarrassed. Also, I added an additional number/card out in a sneaky way on the foil. I love it! I move quickly through the questions I ask the spectator. I do say that I'm thinking the..., the coin must be in your... hand. But I don't play up the idea of me doing any mind reading. I keep it very casual. The end is so strong because I emphasize that THEY made many choices all along the way. Then I say, but look ... it really isn't a gold coin or chocolate, its a poker chip... etc. I make them feel like they did it and that they're really "on" today... wow for them!!! Sometimes I might end with "this must be your day! Do you buy lottery tickets? You might want to stop on the way home and pick one up." BTW I do bar magic multiple times per week -- hence my audience are mostly adults.

Fantastic. I might reach out to see your extra bits as I too, live in the Midwest and I'm curious.
bernardo_jas
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of bernardo_jas
I don't know why, but this effect doesn't convince me very much. I think there are too many parts for the spectator to choose. I am always afraid "if the viewer does not choose the desired option, as I will do later to give the correct result"
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2021, bernardo_jas wrote:
I don't know why, but this effect doesn't convince me very much. I think there are too many parts for the spectator to choose. I am always afraid "if the viewer does not choose the desired option, as I will do later to give the correct result"

Do you own it? Have you tried it? It won't convince you until you perform it and see for yourself. The mind trying to rationalize things can play tricks on you.
petdetect
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of petdetect
Totem is great. Mentalism training wheels on one hand, a great routine in and of itself on the other.
Easy to carry around, not hard to perform. So it really can be the EDC that helps you build a mentalist character and confidence.
Ubernutz
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Ubernutz
How does this compare (in "strength") to the Kreis super strong half.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2023 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2022, Ubernutz wrote:
How does this compare (in "strength") to the Kreis super strong half.

I'd have to test as far as specific distance (I have the Kreis half), but as far as average concern, it's very strong, And I would suspect a negligible difference. It's great.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Henry Harrius Presents: TOTEM by Alex Ng (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL