The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Laser-cut T*rn Corners on Bikes (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Satire
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Satire
I love the T*rn Corner Machine, but I've been burned by having someone say "this card feels weird," leaving me to scramble into spectator management. I sat down with a friend with a laser cutter last night to see if there was a way to get a similar effect with a more precision-cut version.

A few hours (and several decks of toasted cards) later I think I'm close to a totally normal-feeling, nearly invisible guideline that allows perfectly repeatable tears with no risk of notice and no evidence at the end. Because the laser is so high-precision we actually found a path through the art on a blue bike that camouflages the hairline well enough that we can cut pretty deep into the card (without passing through the other side), which makes the tear much more consistent. Compared to the TCM the laser is removing material (not just pushing it into a ridge), leaving it imperceptible to the touch.

Assuming I can put the finishing touches on it, would anyone else have any interest in something like this? No clue what the cost would be (it's a lot of labor to get the machine aligned), but figured I should ask if I'm going to run off some for myself anyway.
Eoin OHare
View Profile
New user
Ireland
88 Posts

Profile of Eoin OHare
I played with this idea a while ago. I used a digital cuter to kiss cut the tear. Theory11 were going to release it for me but I pulled it whenever another similar product was released.
https://youtu.be/-K6LbbvWtuA
Designer & Maker of The Stripper Jig Card Trimmer & Pinpoint Pegger
https://theperfectshuffle.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Laser-cut T*rn Corners on Bikes (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL